Forum

cp_freight final version FPS issues

Created 5th October 2008 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1

lupus

rhs
RHS

Hey everyone,
While playing the final version auf freight in the last couple of days, I noticed drastic FPS drops in certain areas, especially with more people in the picture. Most significantly, they dropped in the area around the second capture point, near the big med pack.
I am positive it is not my system, because on any other map I get a stable 125 fps (thats where I capped it). My question is now, how many of you do experience similar drops and whether it was better in b3. Because in this state, I don’t think it is worth being in any mappool, although design-wise it definitely has potential.

My specs:
Ati HD 4850
Core2 Duo E8400 (3Ghz) on a Intel P965 Board
4gb Ram
Vista 64bit

It could be an ATI-issue, or some graphic setting. More specs plus experiences would be helpful.

toasty.

PHX

I had a scrim on freight last night every one was getting horrible lag but on badlands before on the same server it was fine.

kEvNx

.#mtf

sry for this but imo cp_freight should be removed out of the map pool ;)

Waebi

‹Con›

there was a nice vote about freight, most teams wanted the map. Also the lags in mid zone were/are in b3 also, or not?

Jh

Hey dats!

it’s perfectly fine for me. in both final and b3

c2d @3.33ghz
4gb ram
8800gts 640mb
xp 32bit

kaidus

WiK?

Some specs of the various PCs would go nicely along side your results regarding fps issues.

skinnie

TCM

got also even more drops than on b3, its SHIT

lupus

rhs
RHS

My guess would be that people also voted for the map, because they thought the issues would be resolved in the final version. Whatever they were, it seems things turned worse. As said, apart from that the map is very well designed.
I’ll do some research in this matter over the next days, but obviously I don’t have the means to look into all possible sources of error. So, any help is appreciated.

veehell

-cavalier-

…imho votes on freight were not choosen accordingly to fps performance…

more like design and overall knowleadge of this map were probably the reason why community choose it.

jaks

rhs
RHS

I am too affected by those fps-problems. I’m aware that my computer is far away from being high-end but other maps don’t cause any problem. It is a freight-only issue.

specs:
amd athlon 64 X2 4200+
2GB ram
radeon 1800XT 512MB
xp sp2

I actually think it is a great map but I suppose it should not be part of the mappool until this fps-issue is solved.

Stealthy

wizzo

My brother made the map, we compared mid map fps with badlands on 3 different computer specs and almost equivalent to badlands, i do agree and i did mention b3 was a better build for gameplay but fps on both versions are pretty much the exact same.

Your problem Lupus, is vista 64bit. i’m not being bias towards the operating system atall i actually love it, but theres something about it that just doesnt quite work with teamfortress 2 i get ridiculous fps drops in the stupidest occasions. I experiemented with different drivers tweaking removing aero modifying drivers nothing worked, even tho every other game was fine.

skinnie

TCM

i use winxp and i got even bigger fps drops than in b3

Iller

tGa

For some reason the screen always freezes frequently for short moment when I play a new map, but after a while my computer gets used to it and behaves nicely again..

I didn’t notice any fps issues on Freight when I played it for the first time yesterday however, even though I play on a laptop which isn’t very good.

I get drops in middle when everyones there spamming at eachother. 8800gt 512 dual core 3.0 4gb ram xp sp2

ONlock

YOYO\'

You PC sucks Braffle! :D

Didn’t really notice any fps drops, but I’ll try to pay attention next time.

Add A Reply Pages: 1