Forum

Gunboots idea

Created 2nd February 2010 @ 10:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Jones

Well I did say “All the pickaxe has added (in terms of assault).” But you’re right of course, it adds more dynamically to soldiers in defence too. I still don’t see this as a bad thing. It adds more to being a soldier, which up till now has been very monotonous, repetitive, ABC and slow. It also allows soldiers to get to middle quicker, which makes for more exciting and diverse battles.

Norris

then again you guys want to stay vanilla :>

exm

etf2l has an amazing quality to make any thread into “lets dabate solly weapons/fan”…

Pickaxe is overpowered compared to shovel, but when you look into the whole game (and how solly was underpowered before update) you can see that it is balanced.

Gunboots are really shit now. I don’t know anyone of right mind to trade shotty for self damage reduction. Well, maybe that becouse my style of playing solly: I use rockets to move around and spam, and use shotty to do some real damage (killing stuff). I would like to see some top players using them effectively though…

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Gunboats can be really usefull, for instance if you’re playing fastlane and you want a solly on the roof at mid, badda-boom, badda-bing, on go the gunboats, (who needs the shotgun from up high?), and you’re there before anyone else, control the roof and win mid. Change back once you die. Useful. I’m sure there are other situations when they might be useful too.

Basically, Shovel gets the Gunboats effect? Fuck the Equalizer, I’m taking the 15 damage rocketjumps while retaining full combat capability.

Ran

rebeLion

Pickaxe is fine, and Valve already stated that they were looking into powering up the shovel so there’s more of a choice involved.

Also Gunboots allows you to try new things, because you can pull off jumps that would kill you before. They’re obviously very situational. Right now very few people even dare to try them, the day a D1 soldier manage some incredible kills with the boots thanks to a new approach, everyone will try to mimic him. In the meanwhile, there’s no point in changing them.

Last edited by Ran,

Quoted from exm

etf2l has an amazing quality to make any thread into “lets dabate solly weapons/fan”…

Pickaxe is overpowered compared to shovel, but when you look into the whole game (and how solly was underpowered before update) you can see that it is balanced.

THIS.

Problem isn’t that the pickaxe is overpowered, its rather the shovel that is utterly useless. Pre-update we all agreed that the soldier needed a buff, the pickaxe is supposed to be the solution.

That said, if the pickaxe is getting nerfed. It should be given less dmg, making it a retreat weapon only. Should take away the rambo-aspect.

Just nerf the equalizer slightly, i.e. when less than 40hp it does 125 damage or something. So only non-buffed retarded scouts can get one-shotted.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from daithi1

So only non-buffed retarded scouts can get one-shotted.

I feel offended.

Chaos

BAT

LOL posted in wrong thread
iFail

Still, not a baaad Idea…
but not good

How about taking a little less (+/- 10%) from other explosives?

Last edited by Chaos,

fraNky*

solly with gunboats is pretty strong, i think and im sure many sollies will use em!

pRime

i often use GunBoats, but i would like to have GunBoats and shotgun ^^

The gunboats would be a perfectly decent option as they are now if it wasn’t for the fact that they’re bugged so you take full damage if you’re explosion radius clips one of your own team (I’m assuming valve haven’t ninja fixed this at any point?).

If this was fixed then I’d use them on badlands all the time as you can turn up at mid as the same time as the scouts/demo and really impact the mid fight.. however with them being bugged (and getting to mid fast requiring jumping out of spawn during set up) this generally means taking 70hp damage for your first jump and then ending up with 60hp when you do get to mid which unfortunately makes the strategy a bit crappy. Which is a shame as rocket jumping is fun :<

shank

vs

Solution: Move gunboots to melee slot simple as that

Last edited by shank,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Gunboats are great, being able to navigate the map with so much more freedom is a pretty big positive for me.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »