Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Yeah, it needs some more players of all levels, but it’s so easy to use and it doesn’t take long to fill up a game.

Set up your own server and call it ‘Mid Skill ONLY’ or something and you shouldn’t have too many noobs trying to join.

So it’s quick, easy, fun and better than irc PUG’s ‘cos subs are easy to get.

tf2lobby.com rules. (Full stop)

Last edited by Monkeh,

Anathema

It’s so much fun to go on an american one and pretend to be mexicans from pajero-esports :>

i doubt the skill will increase if you just write “midplayers only”, as i think the people with a bit of skill play it because its fun to rape 6 people every midfight. If they want seriosu games, they’d play mixes or a pickup, as there is at least Ventrilo. At one point, ingamevoice, noone ever uses it, or has it disabled. Also, its at no point faster than a normal pickup, i’d much rather would heal people in pickups than in a lobby, as you see, some players seem to play the game for the first time, meaning, i takes a while for medics. And when there is one, he is usually retarded.

The Subthingy sucks too, 4 people have to tabout, and when sometime a sub is requested and he fails to show up, youre screwed. Or medics which think its cool to run into enemies with the needlegun. At least try to increase the compatibility with the ingamebrowser, that’d maybe force people to request subs more often.

ambra

Quoted from Enef

It’s like Pickups in IRC but better, because fuck IRC.

if all the kids had this attitude probably pickups would still be good and relatively funny.
sadly it became a useless clusterfuck of faggotry, neither funny nor helpful for the newbies.

I cant possibly imagine how MUCH you have to LOVE tf2 as a game to enjoy playing 6on6 matches with random players… I cant really see how its any better than joining any public server while being in mumble with 3/4 friends, as “its just for fun”.
People want to play “for fun” but still they cage themselves inside an “etf2l.cfg” lying to themselves, pretending its really better than staying in a public server.

I just dont get this… a badwater 24/7 instarespawn nocrits looks still far superior in terms of potential “fun”.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from ambra

[…]
I cant really see how its any better than joining any public server while being in mumble with 3/4 friends, as “its just for fun”.
People want to play “for fun” but still they cage themselves inside an “etf2l.cfg” lying to themselves, pretending its really better than staying in a public server.

I just dont get this… a badwater 24/7 instarespawn nocrits looks still far superior in terms of potential “fun”.

of course it’s better, because it’s nocrit and has classlimits. That’s all it takes to make me happy with TF2. But I’m one of those who loves TF2 more than any other game.

MangyCarface

Whoa, calm down haters. If you don’t like the very concept of it I can’t help you, but we’re working on most of the main complaints (especially ragequitters) and should have a solution within the weekend.

TF2lobby’s primary userbase is European, by the way, statistically. Keep it up guys :)

Pyle

Only 1 minor:

WHY the hack is there an option to disable voice chat in-game ? THIS is not how competive play should be played :( … I nearly fell a sleep yesterday because it was completely SILENT.

For the rest… keep up the great work !

Last edited by Pyle,

MangyCarface

That option is there if you want to run an external chat client like mumble and don’t want to rebind your ingame keys

If you don’t like an option in a lobby, leave that lobby ;)

Last edited by MangyCarface,

Pyle

Quoted from MangyCarface

That option is there if you want to run an external chat client like mumble and don’t want to rebind your ingame keys

If you don’t like an option in a lobby, leave that lobby ;)

The problem is that these people dont run an external chat client, at least not that I could see. If they would, offc, it would be even better.

Nevertheless, dont get me wrong, I love your project.

Last edited by Pyle,

General Knall

I like the concept of tf2lobby, its really nice.

Mainproblem is all the ragequitters. When u win 2 rounds in a row u can be 90% sure someone on the loosing team will quit, and ruin the game for everybody else.

There should be some kind of marking on the players that ragequit. That way the gameleader could easily kick “ragequitters” to join his game.

1 minuspoint for each time u ragequit ftw!

And also – When you have the first 5 players choose classes, and there are NO medic in your team, all other selections than medic should be locked off. Happens quite often that some noob goes Pyro even when u have no Medic.

Last edited by General Knall,

RaCio

GoT²

Most of the problems with tf2lobby are just common issues with a lobby system. A lobby system will always mean terrible lobby’s or lobby leaders.

Other then that I have to say tf2lobby does a very good job.

Defur

Quoted from General Knall

I like the concept of tf2lobby, its really nice.

Mainproblem is all the ragequitters. When u win 2 rounds in a row u can be 90% sure someone on the loosing team will quit, and ruin the game for everybody else.

There should be some kind of marking on the players that ragequit. That way the gameleader could easily kick “ragequitters” to join his game.

1 minuspoint for each time u ragequit ftw!

And also – When you have the first 5 players choose classes, and there are NO medic in your team, all other selections than medic should be locked off. Happens quite often that some noob goes Pyro even when u have no Medic.

kinda like in hereos of newerth? :D

ouch

Quoted from ambra

instarespawn = fail
every second map on a public server = pl_goldrush/pl_badwater = fail
this said there is nothing wrong with tf2lobby in terms of potential fun.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Is there a way to disable the “Time to fight” sound?

Zoh

epx^

The announcer lady gave me a heart attack.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »