Forum

TF2lobby opens to the public

Created 19th January 2010 @ 20:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 18 Next »

MangyCarface

http://tf2lobby.com/img/screenshots/lobby.png
TF2Lobby.com (tf2lb) aims to make it easier for existing competitive players to arrange pickup games as well as make the format appealing and more accessible to a wider swath of the TF2 player base. Pickup games have traditionally been arranged through inaccessible or otherwise unintuitive methods, and tf2lb attempts to address those issues, giving anyone the ability to organize a game without admin intervention.

Central to tf2lb is its namesake Lobby, where up to 12 players can join, easily specify a match config, and set their teams/classes. tf2lb automatically launches TF2 and connects you to an appropriate server. Whether or not you have access to a server, tf2lb can help. For those without a server, we have a pool of over 40 US and EU servers ready for public use, generously provided by Valve and other communities.

tf2lb has been in development for the past two weeks, and after extensive testing and feedback, we’re ready to unroll it to a larger audience. We’re providing limited information now to better observe and get feedback on how new users interact with the site. To get started, visit http://tf2lobby.com and click on the “Sign Up” link at the top-right. To learn more about the site, visit http://tf2lobby.com/about .

We’re constantly improving the site and welcome any feedback you may have at feedbackATtf2lobbyDOTcom or in this thread. While anything is possible in the future of tf2lb, at the moment we are looking to refine current capabilities rather than to add new ones, so please focus any feedback accordingly.

If you have any self respect, please refrain from mentioning this on SPUF yet.

Last edited by MangyCarface,

Ino

dp.
dp.

Actually I think this is awesome!

Btw: What is SPUF?

Rotab

≧◡≦

w00t :D

MangyCarface

SPUF = steampowered user forums. We’re trying to open it up one step at a time, and we don’t want a full flood of registers yet.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from MangyCarface

SPUF = steampowered user forums. We’re trying to open it up one step at a time, and we don’t want a full flood of registers yet.

Ah k, somehow I thought you meant the steamforums, I just hadn’t heard that term befor. But you are completely right not to mention it there ;)

GJ

cvx|
cvx|

cool

tragett

Coolio, made an account

Jarppa

Feacon

Ye, looks awesome.

what a Tree ?!

good work

Dav1dd

2ne1

Looks epic, a few questions:

Is this going to be implemented into Tf2 eventually (like lobbies in Left4dead) and are you able to make your profile private after you have signed up?

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

you’ve missed one thing.. what about voicecomms? ingame voice is really bad. do you have a mumble server or something similar? i couldn’t even think about playing a pug without proper comms.

reCon

without voiceservers/clients nobody ( or the most ) dont want to play. Like me!

Signed up!

MangyCarface

What’s stopping you from using voice clients?

Set voice options to None in lobby and hand out the IP and pw.

Will we support this in the system? Fuck no. Totally offputting for new users and a pain in the ass when ingame voice suffices for pickups

Manu

Quoted from MangyCarface

What’s stopping you from using voice clients?

Set voice options to None in lobby and hand out the IP and pw.

Will we support this in the system? Fuck no. Totally offputting for new users and a pain in the ass when ingame voice suffices for pickups

+1 no sense using voice clients for this.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 18 Next »