Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 10th January 2010 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

Waster

Quoted from Abhorrence

Ammomod is good for warming up. i.e. if you come back from somewhere/have a match starting and want to refresh your controls/aim etc., basically prepare yourself for a fight. Prolonged ammomod use will only make you aggressive, doesn’t really do anything other than that.

Aggression doesn’t always work, really. Good Soldiers are the ones that find a good balance between being aggressive (Jumping on enemies) and playing a passive role (Hiding, camping, staying with the combo or with the Medic) Ideally, on sensitive places like mid-points, you should be aggressive only if the Scouts on the other team are dead. So many times Soldiers often leave behind the medic to get to the mid faster and suppress enemies and the Medic ends up either getting spammed or getting ambushed by Scouts. Thus defeating the whole purpose of one going aggressive in the first place.

Unlike Scouts or Demoman, Soldier is a class that is almost forced to play passive at times. Especially if you’re pocket. When roaming, don’t completely leave behind your pack and try 1v6, it won’t work unless you’re camping somewhere and get lucky when you surprise them and/or you RJ onto their pack and they were low from scatter/projectile spam.

Positioning is very important. Eat some spam if your medic gets shot upon. If you’re roaming, always, always help out your scouts by shooting a rocket or two at their targets, trust me, it helps ALOT.

I’m not a pro Solly, just giving my two cents. Hope this helped somebody. :3

I would pick a more defense scout and demoman anyday over the more agressive one. Then the soldiers can go agressive instead of babysitting their medic 100% of the time.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from king_oli

Nope. Good scouts run directly into the enemy at all times.

lolno

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from Waster

[…]
I would pick a more defense scout and demoman anyday over the more agressive one. Then the soldiers can go agressive instead of babysitting their medic 100% of the time.

Yes, but that’s only because *you* would find it more fun since you play soldier.

Crux

brz
[hePPa]

Ammomod is great practice for trying to control your enemy. Be it either flat round floor or Granary mid you can practice throwing your enemy off balance messing up his/her aim therefore more likely win the 1on1 or just survive against ubered soldier and buy the time. Good trick to shoot enemy up in the air by shooting to the feet (lesser damage) and right after shoot airshot to finish off (high damage).

Bouncing the opponent is one of the basics of Soldier [as far as I have noticed (div3 madskills)] and ammomod gives you great lessons for this. I suggest several hours for this! Here is one (.fi) Ammomod server: the PRESSURIZER at 217.112.254.24:27015. Hosted by ReVe.

Waster

Quoted from BERSERKER

[…]
Yes, but that’s only because *you* would find it more fun since you play soldier.

I am multiclass, but play demoman at the moment. But as scout going in with your tiny 125hp against two 300hp buffed soldiers to kill the medic isnt really my idea of fun either. Better wait till a soldier is jumping and killing the medic or distracting them before making your move.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from king_oli

[…]

On a similar note, I’m looking for a mentor for scout (or medic!). I’m probably low+ on both, should have potential to go mid and hopefully mid+.

You trollin boy?

Quoted from king_oli

[…]

stop watching and then re-watching meatshot

edit: stop adding me, I will post when I’m avail next. I have my hands full with some idiots called WDG and some random pubber called Freeflow

Last edited by Shintaz,

king_oli

hDrugs

“Nope. Good scouts run directly into the enemy at all times.”

I was kidding. Really that should have been obvious.

randa

would be nice if i got a reply.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

wuttttt i wanted a mentor not a page of arguing over aggressive playing & ammomod :(

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from king_oli

“Nope. Good scouts run directly into the enemy at all times.”

I was kidding. Really that should have been obvious.

Offer to mentor some of these guys in sarcasm in return for some scout mentoring.

(Shintaz got served)

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]

stop watching and then re-watching meatshot

edit: stop adding me, I will post when I’m avail next. I have my hands full with some idiots called WDG and some random pubber called Freeflow

:D

kuma

Hey yo, looking for a mentor to help me out with the finer details of solly matchplay. In return, I offer to mentor you with bad advice on your love life.

Basically I started comp around 4 months ago and worked my way up to around top div 4/maybe div 3 standard but due to work I don’t have that much time to improve by myself outside of pcws. Anything to help my game will be appreciated by me and my teammates, as I’m sure fRdz’s back hurts from carrying me all the time.

If you can mentor, add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/kumadaboss/

CHEERS

Last edited by kuma,

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from kuma

as I’m sure fRdz’s back hurts from carrying me all the time

*carrying everyone* :P

psunfragga

cc//

Quoted from kuma

Hey yo, looking for a mentor to help me out with the finer details of solly matchplay. In return, I offer to mentor you with bad advice on your love life.

Basically I started comp around 4 months ago and worked my way up to around top div 4/maybe div 3 standard but due to work I don’t have that much time to improve by myself outside of pcws. Anything to help my game will be appreciated by me and my teammates, as I’m sure fRdz’s back hurts from carrying me all the time.

If you can mentor, add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/kumadaboss/

CHEERS

It may be better to post in our irc channel at around 19CET when someone can direct you to a soldier mentor.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »