Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 10th January 2010 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

tragett

Quoted from jgmaster

As a mentor is your role just to idle in #tf2mentor until one of the @’s tells someone to come to you?

pretty much ;)

I can’t recommend this system enough. I asked for a mentor and within a minute I had vroni helping me with solly stuff. He spent over an hour with me in mumble and in-game going through various things. He was extremely helpful and has offered to help our whole team. Really really thanks, awesome system.

Abhorrence

Well I joined the tf2mentor Steam group and posted a comment requesting a Scout mentor. Also went to the IRC and messaged an Admin (baerbel) but I didn’t get a reply.

Posting here hoping somebody will take notice and give me a hand in my Scouting. Would appreciate it immensely! I can be reached over Steam.

Thanks in advanced. :)

baerbel

trick17
trick17

well depending who is online just msg byte/wildcard or me. sometime we are busy and can’t answer you right away, just have a little patience and idle in the channel :)

Gobi

WSB?

In france we will say “bande d’assistés !!!”.
Srsly I think a mentor is for the whole team, to improve teamplay (the most hard part of our job as player).
People who wants to increase their skill => DM servers.
People who wants to learn to play scout => nub on a mission’s blog & evil’s blog
People who wants to learn the middle rush and other things => Gotfrag web site & Youtube tf2 channel
What I say is that lots of things have been made by top player, just search and you’ll find…

Last edited by Gobi,

Mort

#YOLO
swimp

Quoted from Gobi

People who wants to increase their skill => DM servers.

Worst advice ever. DM servers does not increase your skill. It helps a bit with your aim, but nothing else. You become way too aggresive if you play on DM servers alot.

Abhorrence

Quoted from baerbel

well depending who is online just msg byte/wildcard or me. sometime we are busy and can’t answer you right away, just have a little patience and idle in the channel :)

Haha, alright, my bad. :)

Abhorrence

Well iG.Anathema has decided to give me a hand with my scouting.

Cheers guys :D

Last edited by Abhorrence,

Black^

Hey, I wanted to ask if you still need any mentors for the project. I asked bearbel on IRC but he didn’t reply so I’m posting here. If you still seek for mentors, I can give some advice on scout/demoman. Cheers :)

Black_Bob

[DA]

Hi I applied for clan -=Crazy=- to get a mentor the other night on irc, just wondering if theres any luck with someone wanting to shout at us :D Just built my new pc so dont have irc currently installed.

We play sunday-thursday from 8.30-10pm UK time and we just need some guidance in where were going wrong and what we can do to correct it. We use teamspeak 3 and are ussaly on from 6pm each evening.

Archangel

amg

you better go to irc channel mate :)

freakz

[8U]

It’s a very nice project, got alot of help from it. I didn’t get any answers also in the channel or pming people, but if you just wait abit then you’ll get a reply. Keep up the good work mentors ;)

Anathema

Feel free to pm me if you’re in the need of a scout/soldier mentor. Admins are usually quite busy so they might not reply.

RareSpycrab

Wait nvm read the first post wrong. admin delete this

Last edited by RareSpycrab,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

yeah we are still going, anyone who meets the requirements (see first post) and could mentor people please pm byte or me in the tf2mentor channel.
we are still looking for mentors for every class

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »