Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 10th January 2010 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

shank

vs

I would need a div 4-3+ mentor for solly. Mostly i just need to learn some tactics and getting to mid fast (badlands give me plenty trouble) i also play snipe for freight mid so some advice there would be nice to.

xtala

I would love to apply to be mentored but for the life of me, I cannot understand irc and its ‘auth’ business or whatever. I guess I’ll drop a line here and perhaps get irc once and for all <.<

No need to auth for the mentor channel afaik :)

I don’t like that Mirc either.
It seemes to be a program from the start of the internet era in the mid 90’s which has been untouched since.
It’s ugly, unnecessary complicated and non user-friendly.

If you find mIRC to be hard/complicated, try Quakenets own webchat service.
http://webchat.quakenet.org
If you find it too ugly: Try NoNameScript :)

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

It’s a week-old bump (for shame!), but I just wanna thank the guys for this project so far :) Thanks to baerbel and byte, and especially to my assigned mentor Anathema, who is a pretty cool guy :D

Misaka42

My english sometimes fails me, can somebody explain what is “Mentor” in general?

byte

Welcome dude.

I’m glad lots of people are coming to us however one thing for those wanting a mentor something to bare in mind is that it’s not like you take a ticket and you get served within 5minutes :P

We’re still in need of mentors!

Cheers

Byte

EtaC

Quoted from Misaka42

My english sometimes fails me, can somebody explain what is “Mentor” in general?

A mentor is sort of like a teacher.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

If your that desperate for mentors I could do some solly & demoman stuff, + I need a scout mentor to help me with the tactical side, because I fail at it :<

blorg

I can help with some medic stuff, but I’d <3 a scout mentor to help me with some stuff

Waster

Quoted from blorg

I can help with some medic stuff, but I’d <3 a scout mentor to help me with some stuff

We were talking yesterday. You can call me if you need help for scout or anything else.

WildCard

As it was stated by the OP if you meet the requirement’s and are able to help mentor people then please go to #tf2mentor and querry anyone with @ (byte/baerbel/wildcard)

Likewise if you are looking for a mentor do the above as well, we wont be chasing people on forums :)

Tenchi

WildCard is amazing! I’m so pub it hurts. He spared nearly 2 hours explaining maps, solly tactics, comms and more. I wrote a ton of notes, learnt some epic game mechanics, and added some binds to my solly config ^^

The mentor project is awesome. Thank you to everyone who spares their time to help out. It really makes a difference.

Last edited by Tenchi,

Antoid

starlight

Archangel helped me to understand tactics on cp_badlands and has answered many other questions about playing scout. Many thanks to him and mentor project for that.

Last edited by Antoid,

looski

Sf

Quoted from Iller

I don’t like that Mirc either.
It seemes to be a program from the start of the internet era in the mid 90’s which has been untouched since.
It’s ugly, unnecessary complicated and non user-friendly.

(Y)

baerbel

trick17
trick17

we have got a lot more mentors now so feel free to join us in #tf2mentor :)

Last edited by baerbel,

jgmaster

BM

As a mentor is your role just to idle in #tf2mentor until one of the @’s tells someone to come to you?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »