Forum

tf_bots

Created 19th December 2009 @ 16:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

why isn’t there a thread about these, they’re great

i watched them uber to take out a sentry nest on badlands it was cute

edit: they’re beta bots included in the soldier/demo update that only ‘understand’ koth right now, although you can get them to play other gametypes but they won’t work as well

on an official koth map type tf_bot_add # in console to spawn them, on non-koth maps type nav_generate with sv_cheats on and it’ll take a few minutes to generate a .nav file that tells the bots where they can walk etc and you can get them to play things like gravelpit and 5cp

Last edited by wpminnows,

nightmare

L00

I want one for christmas:)

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

what?

Rotab

≧◡≦

Theyre pretty cool.

wpminnows

[PG]

what?

they were included in the soldier/demo update, bots in the beta stage that only really work on koth atm

you can get them to work on any map but they’re buggy

kaidus

WiK?

Given you made a thread about them you could at least explain what you’re on about.

wpminnows

[PG]

Given you made a thread about them you could at least explain what you’re on about.

does no one read the updates anymore :(

i’ll edit the first post i guess

tragett

tried them yesterday, funny stuff, only flaw is that either they have perfect aim or they cant even see you…

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

the medic ubered as soon as he had it with no threat around. ’nuff said

tragett

the medic ubered as soon as he had it with no threat around. ’nuff said

just like a real pub then?

Last edited by tragett,

Netsky

haha ^^ last comment was hilarious :D

we did some 4 humans vs 6 bots today, they aren’t that bad, especially these damn snipers. I can’t wait for the non-beta bots :)

wpminnows

[PG]

haha ^^ last comment was hilarious :D

we did some 4 humans vs 6 bots today, they aren’t that bad, especially these damn snipers. I can’t wait for the non-beta bots :)

we played a 6v6 against bots yesterday, but they ignore classlimits and we ended up playing against 4 heavies and 2 medics

seriously, they love playing or healing heavy

AnimaL

why would u want bots

jason

PHX

why would u want bots

Would it be possible to roughly test map balance by creating bots and a nav file for a new map and watching how it played out over a long time (say a few hours) just to look for obvious imbalance?

Randdalf

(0v0)

why would u want bots

Would it be possible to roughly test map balance by creating bots and a nav file for a new map and watching how it played out over a long time (say a few hours) just to look for obvious imbalance?

I’ve been trying to do that over the past 2 days, and the bots work on every map type, but only without flaw on koth (for example, RED won’t attack beyond mid on any 5 CP map). They also tend to pile down the shortest route rather than take alt routes. Although, I have seen bots learn the maps over time, and start to use alt routes more often. The main reason why I wouldn’t use them for playtesting, is because there’s no player feedback, but they’re fun to watch, if a little buggy sometimes.

Also, medic bots play it very safe. They heal the heavy bots 90% of the time, and uber immediatly if in danger. I have however, seen uber pushes and counter-ubers between bots which was pretty neat.

Somebody, should play a PCW against them on Viaduct :D

Last edited by Randdalf,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »