Forum

Demoman vs Soldier update

Created 15th December 2009 @ 06:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 28 Next »

Awesome how everyone is whining when the weapon seems to be weaker than the normal Demoweapons.
I really don’t want to see the shitstorm if they have a stronger Unlock for the Nadelauncher.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Most FPS games I know have a melee option or two….why not explore that a bit more. I love this idea, sounds OARSUM!

exm

You missunderstood me. Fun weapons are fine with me, as long as they are bullet/projectile based. But a sword and a fucking shield? IN AN FPS GAME?! Really?

Critical hits? A jar of piss? STUNS? IN AN FPS GAME?! Really?

Sandman (and FaN for it’s midair stun, partially) also has no place in an FPS game, IMO. Jarate is pretty decent. I mean it is projectile based, no mater how dumb it is. And the +% dmg received… well it may not be an FPS game standart, but it fits in quite nicely. Maybe the demoweapons will too, idk, so get off my back, please :P I can have MY OPINION afterall.

Evil

I really hope this is just a joke by valve..

I can bet my left nut, that it is indeed a joke. I mean, after they introduced crafting, everyone just went “OMG tis iz tf2 not wow!!1one!”, so valve just wants to fuck with us a bit. Dont worry, I’m pretty sure we’ll get the real weapon updates ’till the end of this weekend (or its byebye tf2, HELLO mw2! for me).

Yea MW2 competitive play is so much better.

Don’t embarrass yourself

lassizci

on a horse

You missunderstood me. Fun weapons are fine with me, as long as they are bullet/projectile based. But a sword and a fucking shield? IN AN FPS GAME?! Really?

Critical hits? A jar of piss? STUNS? IN AN FPS GAME?! Really?

Quad damage? flash grenades?

exm

Don’t embarrass yourself

Never tried it, I dont even have mw2. Dear god, could you stop taking everything so seriously? o.O

Evil

Don’t embarrass yourself

Never tried it, I dont even have mw2. Dear god, could you stop taking everything so seriously? o.O

Sorry re-reading your post I must of missed all the hilarity the first time.

sMisk

:id:

demo limit: 2
sticky limit: 1
and we haven’t seen the pipe replacement yet. Pretty intressting how this charge is going to work etc. And what could they improve on the demos other weapons to make him fit the comp scene even more. The soldier stuff is what’s going to be intressting probably disapointing though.

Monkeh

I dont get all the negativity. We are being spoiled rotten with some MORE free content to a 2 year old game that doesn’t change the way you play if you dont want it to. Keep your bottle and we’ll have a load of fun taking off enemies heads with a two handed broadsword……sweet. Simples.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The point is Monkey, the updates are supposed to be sidegrades, not upgrades or downgrades. These weapons are downgrades, they don’t serve a decent purpose they are simply just fun weapons. The comp community gets upset because these weapons are useless to comp demomen.

Evil

The point is Monkey, the updates are supposed to be sidegrades, not upgrades or downgrades. These weapons are downgrades, they don’t serve a decent purpose they are simply just fun weapons. The comp community gets upset because these weapons are useless to comp demomen.

You’ve not even used it yet.

ambra

imb4 demomen stickyjumping towards snipers/medics while weilding the sword

Black_Bob

[DA]

Sticky jumping into a crowd of people armed with a sword :D wonder if it will hit multiple targets at once being a rather large!

skinnie

TCM

people get upset because some new weapons are overpowered (FaN or sandman)
I would be happy if these new weapons turn out to be useless and the game doesn’t change.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

people get upset because some new weapons are overpowered (FaN or sandman)
I would be happy if these new weapons turn out to be useless and the game doesn’t change.

For me, i was looking forward to a useful sidegrade that could bring new tactics and a fresh approach. It could be nice keeping the enemy guessing as to what the demoman is going to do next, he’s such an integral part of the squad that it would be awesome to see what could have happened.

Instead we get a sword that reduces our health unless we get close enough to hit someone with it, meaning that even if we do hit someone with it then we’ll probably get one-shotted by a scout from behind soon after and a shield that takes away our main means of transport and the speed that causes us to be such a good offensive class, it makes us stick to being the defensive class…but then again we can’t use stickies with the shield, so we can’t even lay traps to be defensive.

Last edited by Enef,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 28 Next »