Forum

Getting Skilled

Created 3rd December 2009 @ 16:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

These days my aim isnt what it was but i can still keep up in games due to game sense! :) Its deffinatley not all about the aim! Its knowing what to do on each map, watch demos of the top players see what they do and why.

Know when to push and not jump in like some suicidal tard (unless you have to pop a medics uber etc)

But yeah just have fun and play :) taking it too serious just makes you bitter and bored of the game.
As i say watch demos see where they go and why, see when the top demomen use stickies instead of pipes etc, and to get good pipe aim just go on a public server and use only pipes and you’ll start increasing (or do some demoman duels)

Also see if any demomen are up for “mentoring” you as this may help them pickup on things your totally missing.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

nubonamission

burn

Since noam is watching that thread, are u going to update the scout blog?
And what about thoose internet commands like cl_interp und stuff
I have like awesome internet -> 45kb/s download and 10kb/s upload so i am using the lowest cl_cmdrate cl_updaterate who are allow otherwise i get instand 800 ping … but now i noticed that players changing thair interp figures and i am wondering can you compensate your ping (in mine case 120 even when i am living in germany and as close as possiple to the servers) with that command? or how is that working?

I don’t know so much about these settings. I’ve played around with them, and personally found they don’t make a lot of difference to me. I don’t believe there is any subsitute for a lower ping.

You’re playing on a Russian server? Then what I would say is play with your interp all day long if you want, my experience is it doesn’t make any difference, I just leave mine as it is. I’m sure people have different views on this though, so keep an open mind.

If you care these are my settings:

rate “30000”
cl_cmdrate “66”
cl_interp “0.02”
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck “0”
cl_lagcompensation “1”
cl_updaterate “66”
cl_smooth “0”
cl_smoothtime “0.01”
cl_interp_threadmodeticks “0”
cl_pred_optimize “2”
cl_interp_ratio “1”

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Wow Fragga, hi. May i ask a question to you? Ure the one who’s really good at airshotting. How long do u play games like tf2? (maybe u played quake, TFC etc.) and is there any difference between solly and demo in it? If your good at airshoots as solly so there’s no difference in airshooting as a demo?

Demo airshots are easier by far, played since doom, first major clan in 1997 with 4kings in Quakeworld. Always played with a high sensitivity for movement because, I believe, I can control the fine movements equally as good as say para who uses 70cm/360 (how??lol) but with added ability to spaz around quickly and attempt shots that low sens wouldn’t allow. But it varies between players, personal preference I guess – just don’t see the point in using a low sens just to get my xhair to where i want it to be slower.

Sketch

MM

if you are feeling tired its probably coz you are very unfit. it sounds like you are spending far too many hours behind your pc. dont spend more than 4-5 hours of a night on your pc and get out and walk to dog. + excersise will make you feel less tired

minimoose

I’ve got my sens at a high value (compared to other competitive players), much easier to airshot as soldier with high sens imo. I’ve just got used to the high sens as scout (I used to have about double the sensitivity, but then I realised why I was missing so much ^^).

Just experiment and find a sens which works for you.

Last edited by minimoose,

JR

Pickup is where it starts ;)

alfa

Pug2 and a microphone should be fine

danny.

Dont forget to turn ur monitor on!

Last edited by danny.,

marn

I just got banned from pickups…for 20h…cause my bro played as medic and didn’t use vent…FFS:D

Cycles

lolwow

Understanding the bigger picture of the game really helps too. Remember, this is Team Fortress, but it’s very easy to forget what that actually means. Having another player talk to me about my play and say “you don’t really need to do anything here until your team already have done the bulk of the work” was something I knew, but wasn’t actually doing. Just thinking about how I should play and how I was playing has been the single most important thing I’ve noticed in recent weeks.

Alongside that, slow your game down. Team Fortress can feel fast, but it’s not really that fast a game. Don’t be afraid to wait and hold areas, or retreat if you’re losing a fight. Remember, you’re better alive than dead.

oblivion

Use the force young Padawan…..

Umm pretty much make sure your actually enjoying the game, you’d be surprised how boring it can get without you realising. It’s not so bad when your younger and maybe can’t get around as easily etc but do take care to do something other than gaming- it will do you good (exercise helps mental ability, can help hand eye co-ordination etc)

Evil

Don’t bother TF2 is dead

rtan

-9w-

Understanding the bigger picture of the game really helps too. Remember, this is Team Fortress, but it’s very easy to forget what that actually means. Having another player talk to me about my play and say “you don’t really need to do anything here until your team already have done the bulk of the work” was something I knew, but wasn’t actually doing. Just thinking about how I should play and how I was playing has been the single most important thing I’ve noticed in recent weeks.

Alongside that, slow your game down. Team Fortress can feel fast, but it’s not really that fast a game. Don’t be afraid to wait and hold areas, or retreat if you’re losing a fight. Remember, you’re better alive than dead.

Nice advice. Since I’ve started to play scout more than soldier I have realised calls are basically everything. Having a scout partner that you play well with is imperative (goes without saying i suppose..).

san-

h.

Get 5 ppl you like together and start playing. Your individuall skill can be compensated by good and tight teamplay in tf2, atleast to a certain level. gl hf

Extremer

Don’t bother TF2 is dead

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »