Forum

What Happened?

Created 19th November 2009 @ 14:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

eoN^

Please read the rest of my post. If you open aequitas, enter the matchlink of that match, click ‘Check File’ and load boomeh’s zipfile you will see it has been modified.
THis is what it shows then: http://deneusbeer.nl/tf2/boomeh.png

All the alt and tabs make sense, could be steam community or if he runs in windowed mode i used to alt and tab always when i was dead…

OMG HE MIGHT BE EMAILING A SPECTATOR!!!

That isn’t what matters eon, what matters is the big red MANIPULATED.

So how exactly would one modify and file like that, could you open it with notepad, accidentally delete a key and close it and accidentally save it or is there something else like a program to open it and edit it or what? I dont understand the point in it if its so easy to modify it… There would obviously be a way to modify it without it saying MODIFIED, i mean if you can crack and Operating System like windows and get updates you could easily do it for an antivirus program…

Anyway, i dont understand how it knows it modified, what does it mean if it is modified and who has the ability to modify it?

Blade

what about howareyougentlemenallyourbasesarebelongtous.exe ?
i dont want, for example, people to see how i run this.

So how exactly would one modify and file like that, could you open it with notepad, accidentally delete a key and close it and accidentally save it or is there something else like a program to open it and edit it or what?

You accidentally what?

Last edited by Blade,

Liulin

Is there any chance for the info on what kind of cheat he used to go public?Would be interesting how div1 players cheat.

I think it’s time to start using some AC application, like xray, whatever, on etf2l.

eoN^

Is there any chance for the info on what kind of cheat he used to go public?Would be interesting how div1 players cheat.

Haha, yes it would be “interesting” wouldnt it……………………..

I lol’d at least, thats all that matters!

Liulin

Well,presumed they posted it it would already be clear how to find cheaters using it.I was just interested to know what exactly the cheat helped him with.

Fanva

Zomg aequitas caught someone, implement similar to etf2l. Dont know any ac progs but get something, something that works with w7! :D

Even aequitas could do!

compton

cvx|

what about howareyougentlemenallyourbasesarebelongtous.exe ?
i dont want, for example, people to see how i run this.

So how exactly would one modify and file like that, could you open it with notepad, accidentally delete a key and close it and accidentally save it or is there something else like a program to open it and edit it or what?

You accidentally what?

A COLA BOTTLE

Anyway. Aequitas files can get corrupted by a HDD failure, which would cause a positive for manipulation, too. So yes, it’s possible to have a manipulated file without being a cheater.

But since someone already mentioned that ESL confirmed that the manipulation was an attempt to hide cheating, it’s either case closed or conspiracy.

Last edited by compton,

bm

I think it’s time to start using some AC application, like xray, whatever, on etf2l.

god no, xray is even more shit than aeq is.

tragett

aeq is a very good anticheat, it rarley fails, but preformance failures are pretty common… made me and my medic crash once, urgh (<3gangsteralgot)

I don’t know much about ac apps, except for the fact, that aeq crashes on my pc, lol.

Blade

A COLA BOTTLE

oh, ty

this shit catched etf2l surprise of the season

Last edited by Blade,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Doubtful, as it would likely give people a heads up on what they can or can’t get away with. Would be interesting to know, but very very unlikely that we’ll ever find out.

compton

cvx|

Aeq or any other anti-cheat software is crap. You can just claim it doesn’t work and refuse to use it in a match. Even enforced, it would only catch known hacks and it couldn’t catch a custom, well-made hack. Only on LANs you can be fairly sure and that’s where the big money is.

There’s nothing you can do to catch smart cheaters =) Apparently boomeh wasn’t one of them.

@D2M lol haha ESL=tinfoil

Last edited by compton,

There’s nothing you can do to catch smart cheaters =)

Catching dumb cheaters is a good thing anyway :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »