Forum

HACKED, BE CAREFUL.

Created 8th September 2008 @ 19:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

My steam account has been hacked. Someone on my friends list passed on a slideshow to me, i did scan before opening and thought meh! Firewall + virus scan will protect me. No, it didn’t.

If my steam account sends you anything, don’t open it.

It was passed onto me by Syrax (an american guy) who’s account was also hacked. And he got it from some other yank. So expect this thing to spread fast.

Just incase anyone else gets their shit fucked as well. I’ve changed my e-mail password etc.. on a different computer, and attempting to get the account back.

But yea, take it as a warning.

Fuckers :/

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/366224/?cpage=1#comment_8492546

Redman350

[FB]

Aw that sucks :(

Hope you didn’t have too much money invested into your account :/

Hopefully you’ll get your account back asap!

AcidReniX

Well, i’m more concerned with what the hacker is doing with my account, than anythin else. Litterally 10 seconds after i announced to my clan that i got hacked, they told me i was playing CS:S.

Had an official in a few minutes as well, which now I can’t play in.
sighhhhhhhhh

FrAgola

very bad thing….

toasty.

PHX

Seems to have been a spate of phisching/hacking over the weekend. Loads of people had the “valve admin” messaging them for passwords etc.

Also leo geo (pwnage.tv) got hacked during the middle of the fin vs swe game on sunday night and couldn’t broadcast the second map.

byte

Acid you can reclaim your account back within 1 week usually valve are good at that. You need to read the hijacking post they put on steam forum m8 send in your account details or serial number etc etc and whatever other info required and they will reset the accounts password for you and tell you to sign in etc..

I’d do that to be honest the only thing they can’t revert is if its VAC banned so lets hope the thieving kunyol who took your account doesn’t hack : <!

Cheers

Byte

infussle

i know it was called something like “tf2 slideshow” but what was the type of the file?

AcidReniX

.src

I mean looking back at it, it was obvious, but at the time, the message was from a friend, people can make comedy screensavers, and i virus scanned the file before opening.

oh wellz, just got to hope valve have a quick enough response time.

AcidReniX

Well, I got my account back. As far as I know its not been vac banned (steam friends says “In good standing”). About to try a game, but yea, should be back to normal hopefully! yay.

AnAkkk

VAC bans are delayed after a cheat was detected. So it could be in 2 weeks – 1 month.

Devil

-cavalier-

So it will be a nice surprise to switch on steam and game and reads: You are banned by VAC system for cheating!

:D

omg.. why these people do that?

Nodachi

vR|

Because they are quite stupid :D But usually after you report your account has been hacked all VAC records will get deleted for that time period :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1