Forum

An apology from all at CiC

Created 8th September 2008 @ 19:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

This news hasnt been made public yet but i feel its right to get this done now.

CiC would like to offer its total and utter apology.

It has become apparent that one of our members has been cheating, and although this member has not played in the majority of our matches against other clans, he has given CiC an unfair advantage in those which he did play that didn’t use Xac or other anticheat methods.

After ETF2L admins examined demos from Trojan of a few maps they deemed that he was indeed cheating and had no choice but to enforce the letter of the law on both Trojan and CiC. We at CiC also looked at the demos and couldn’t dispute the evidence so will not be appealing the decision.

CiC is an old clan with a good reputation for not tolerating cheating or abusive/racist players and so this has forced the leaders to enforce our own clan rules and so remove Trojan from the clan. We are saddened by the players actions and hope that although he is being removed from CiC, he will take away the idea that we do not hate him for cheating but that we can’t justify his actions which let down himself and the clan and left us open for accusations for months to come.

We therefore offer our apology without reservation to all clans and leagues that this may have affected, with the hope that people understand the problems clans face stamping out cheating. CiC will be taking measures to check ALL members for cheats and will be asking for ALL players to record demos in ALL matches, along with random checking by the clan leaders. We will also be checking members config files for any illegal scripts or any models that may be considered to be outside the laws of the leagues we take part in.

We hope clans and leagues will not doubt that CiC are trying to make sure that it plays nice and fair and that eventually the respect gamers have for our old clan will return without the tarnish of recent events.

If any members of CiC are unsure about what may be considered a cheat then the leaders should be notified and the files checked with the league officials. We will continue to try and have an open and frank relationship with all league admins on any issue they may have with us and we will also be reporting our own clan if we find any other member is not playing by the rules. CiC will not tolerate its members cheating and will do everything we can to make sure this incident is not repeated.

Once again we are sorry for the trouble this has caused and hope you can believe that the leaders in CiC knew nothing of the members actions before it was highlighted and that we will continue to strive for our clan to win by becoming better players and not by artificial means.

Thank you

[CiC] Leadership

Waebi

‹Con›

Sad story… but thumbs up that you stay next to/in front of it and dont try to “let it go away”.

Also to all others such dudes….

KEEP ETF2L CHEAT FREE – Play Medic, your weapon locks on your target and you have a wallhax with medicine bubbles :O

byte

One of the noblest clans around, tbh even if u told me they recruited a cheat on purpose i wouldn’t believe them, they are a clan who play for fun. I know the peeps very well and they are strict with cheaters i.e. they dont recruit cheaters.

I can assure anyone who has a doubt about CiC that they are a clean clan and wouldn’t do any harm to anyone! They’ve been around for ages and are renouned for the fun part of TF2 as well as fun/serious part of tfc! RARGH! WPTFCL DIV 2 WINN0RS :D

Anyway wp to CiC for addressing this <3 CiC :D

Cheers

Byte

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Yea, CiC are an awesome team, they have been around for many years and definately a team I would consider to be an hounest one. Hopefully one individual will not ruin the reputation of this team, as they certainly don’t deserve it.

Anyway, goodluck!

Stealthy

wizzo

Sound lads i played for them 6 years ago in tfc was in them for 3 years odd. These things happens and atleast you announced it for your own good!

Wlv

RaWr ::

[CiC] were the reason I played clanned TFC, its all their fault! :)

shifty

Sir

[CiC] are tfc/tf2 legends, clean clan, clean guys! <3

Smoke

-LaB-

unlucky lads :(

jesus tell me it wasnt one of your medics…… we had been talking to a medic to get a scrim with yourselves! ill annoy u all when im in ur mirc channel later (for a future scrim ; ) )!

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

nope it was our Heavy :( , our medic is a jolt admin and a sound guy :)

ToRn

KÅT
SpA|com

Sad story…

It was a very tight game when we played and really the only players causing us problems was the heavy+medic…

Gravelpit they won the first round very big so that they could have that i guess but the last round was very close and on well we would easily had won without their heavy (cheating as well….)

1 more points to us and 2 less points for them imo.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

3 each is fair imo. 5 other ppl played who didnt cheat and we have been hurt enough already by the t*at on on team, u cant say how a result will go, a cheat doesnt always make him a better player, some1 with more gamesens might have done even better, gj admins anyway is all i can say and thx for finding him so we can build cleanly

ToRn

KÅT
SpA|com

Ok, that’s my opinion anyway.

U showed nice sportmanship in ur first post btw.

Edit: Shifty – keep it ended at that.

Exoronic

[CIC] go many years back , great guys , always been a clean clan and still are. just had some bad luck…..

gl in the future guys…

marouh

i hope you’ll get a good player to play istead of him :) gl – i hope we can take the war seriously :)

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Good luck CiC, we at GoT1 are in a similar situation, so we kinda know what you’re going through.

We had the ‘luck’ of getting our guy exposed before we played any official matches with him.
Thanks to our friends at FakkelBrigade (FB), who alerted us to the weird play-style of Moonroach, we were able to get a conclusive verdict from ETF2L admins before season 3 started; our new scout was cheating.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »