Forum

TF2 MidAir Mod

Created 13th October 2009 @ 11:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

tragett

Oh and Gravelpit C didnt work yesterday, dunno if you fixxed it now :)

gK

Mc\\\'s

It’s like in ammomod, people start bitching when you try to win your opponent instead of making as much flashy airshots as you can. Which makes no sense since it’s a dueling mod.

You do realise this is different from ammomod and is based on airshot do you?

baerbel

trick17
trick17

no unlimited ammo for me, at least not in regular 1

gK

Mc\\\'s

Yeah thats a server bug, and as BaNaNa and i are @ work, cant do shit about it atm, sorry for the inconvenience :(

compton

cvx|

It’s like in ammomod, people start bitching when you try to win your opponent instead of making as much flashy airshots as you can. Which makes no sense since it’s a dueling mod.

You do realise this is different from ammomod and is based on airshot do you?

You do realise that was not my point?

I meant that people think ammomod is an airshot practice mod. It’s not. It’s a duel mod. Do I need to elaborate even more?

Last edited by compton,

gK

Mc\\\'s

It’s not a practice mod, it’s a dueling mod. If it would be just for practice, stuff like limited HP wouldn’t be needed. Determining a winner wouldn’t be needed.

Maybe it’s no fun to play one hour against the same man ? Giving hit points is necessary to make everybody play against everybody.

If you want only that then use a time-based shuffle so everyone gets equal time of practice.

Currently it seems like the developers wanted to do a competitive duel mod. That’s why I’m trying to help the developers by giving feedback as I enjoy duel mods more than practice mods.

Not at all this is a mod to practice airshot. And turris map will be edited soon because it’s almost everytime point blank mid airshots, wich are no fun and need no skill.

You develop this? Is this your opinion or are you saying this is developed as a practice mod? Why are there 3 2 1 GO if it’s just for practice, isn’t it a waste of time?

I mean that midair mod is a midair practice mod (no shit), do i need to elaborate more?

compton

cvx|

fuck it i don’t even care. some people just don’t get a clue no matter how you twist it

Last edited by compton,

Mordi

≧◡≦

good job! :)
ill try it 2night!

And also i recuest a Gravel Pit Point B map,
that would be awesome! :DDDDDdd

Last edited by Mordi,

kroleg

No infinite ammo bug comes from kAmmomod, i’ve fixed it in 0.4.2 (you use 0.4).
There is fixed procedure GiveAmmo()
GiveAmmo(client){
g_playerRestoringAmmo[client] = false;
new TFClassType:iClass = TF2_GetPlayerClass(client);
for (new i = 0; i <= 2; i++){
if(!(iClass == TFClass_Heavy && i == 1)){
if (TFClass_MaxAmmo[iClass] != -1)
SetEntData(client, g_offAmmo + ((i+1)*4), TFClass_MaxAmmo[iClass]);
if (i != 2 && TFClass_MaxClip[iClass] != -1 && !((g_playerWeaponFlags[client] & WF_FAN) && i == 0)){
new weapon = GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, i);
if (IsValidEntity(weapon))
SetEntData(weapon, g_offClip, TFClass_MaxClip[iClass]);
}
}
}
}

Last edited by kroleg,

IvaiJk3e

Very nice mod, but laggy server =[

Last edited by IvaiJk3e,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Any chance of a download link for this so that we can try it out on our own server?

Mike

SF

http://pastebin.com/f3e9e3440

Sekhel

Sounds great on paper…

Utterly sucks in-game, as long as gravity/whatever is way lower than normal.
(Jumps are much higher, falls much slower)

BaNaNa

Ok, so there’s a new version.

There is now quake sounds. Fight sound at the beginning of each duel.
Hitblip from quake at each registred airshot. Moreover i use the last version of kammomod wich include custom particles wo when u airshot for the first time an enemy, it’ll show as “CRITICAL HIT” from a crit shot with the text : MIDAIR, for the 2nd airshot in a row, it would be “OUTSTANDING”, 3rd Dominating, etc etc with each quake sound related.

I removed health on HUD, i meant the drawed one cause u can see your health in your cross and specs can see it too it’s not very difficult to remember the 5 possibilities.

Btw, i can’t do better with registering airshot. I mean, if u fall from a container on granary per exemple, and the enemy shoot near to your head, it is splash damage, but it’ll be registred as airshot, as i don’t know how to disable splash damage or know when a shot is a direct hit or no.

So i apologize for all the “WTF HOW DID I LOSE ONE FUCKING HP IT WASN’T AN AIRSHOT BULLSHIT”.

I set fraglimit to 3, there are 6 arenas to fill, i think people can take the time to fight and not being kicked cause your opponent had some luck etc.

That’s all please use this thread for any feedback !!

Last edited by BaNaNa,

tesco

mrp.

i know nothing about mapping, so is it possible to copy fastlane mid/roof?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »