Forum

Windows 7 and Weird mouse feeling

Created 10th August 2009 @ 04:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Deleteme

Just installed Windows 7 and im getting the weird mouse feeling a lot of people seem to be explaining about in a previous thread. Was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this?

Decided to make a new thread to catch peoples attention, because i really want this fixing asap. =[

Cheers.

wiz

Checking “Mouse Filter” in the options menu in TF2 helped me a lot.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

you wont notice any difference after 2 weeks… just keep using it and it will be fine :)

Deleteme

I just cant get used to it =[. How much RAM do you both have? I read that upgrading from two (my current amount) to 4, solves this problem.
The strange thing is, it only happens in TF2, i dont feel it in any other FPS games.

make sure your mouse accel is off, that’s what the “weird mouse feel” usually comes from

that and VSync

Froz3n

make sure your mouse accel is off, that’s what the “weird mouse feel” usually comes from

that and VSync

Yes usaly it´s this, but try setting the compatibility for Windows Vista or XP, maybe it will help ;) And wait for the full version to come out, may solute the problem :D

TopGear

tH

I posted the last topic about windows 7, i finally figured out the problem i had with the mouse on windows 7, after playing with it for about 2 months.

When i installed my deathadder drivers, for some reason windows 7 increased the master Y sensitivity from the bottom to the middle. Basically this made the mouse 50% more responsive in the Y axis but kept the x axis normal. Suffice to say “i played like a dogs arse”. Maybe check that out, “could be a new windows feature”

Deleteme

My mouse accel is deffo off. My vsync is off as usual too. My frame rate is high. Errmm… I just checked my DA drivers and thats all normal.

How would i go about changing the compatability?

Also, since installing w7 i sometimes get little fps spikes and when i select a class for the first time after a joining a sever, i get the a little 5-10 crash (sound loops etc).

Another thing, since MSI dont support w7 yet (afaik), i was forced to use Vista drivers, could these not working properly be my problem?

buNN

You should probably be ok, because vista and w7 should be similiar for drivers n stuff.

xtala

Vista drivers are fine for Win7, the driver models is quite similar.

Norrland3000

Don’t install the mousedrivers.

Deleteme

Just to update. Removing the commands -windowed and -noborder sorted this problem for me. I was getting very slight screen/mouse delay, presumably because of things running in the background? or something.

Add A Reply Pages: 1