Forum

TF2 at I37, and the failure of the admins.

Created 8th August 2009 @ 18:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Jones

Didn’t anyone read my post :'(

MooBie

boX?2

’skilled’ players not getting to thrash easy teams so they can brag about how good they are,

The “problem” was that there wasn’t going to be a close final, there isn’t even. So basically, they’re complaining about not being able to play a HARDER game, as opposed to easy ones. On paper, superior cows are the only team to challenge special7mix (maybe excluding something like gravelpit, which ends up totally random anyway). Believe me, constantly rolling games gets seriously boring >_>

Ok then either dont enter a ‘fun’ tournament then which obviously a lot of poor teams will enter OR stop making posts like this which will dissuade people from coming , which in turn will only ruin any tournaments in the future.

My beef with this whole thread is that this whole thing is making TF2 look more like a thread you would find on a CSS forum somewhere. Any non TF2 player reading this will not be encouraged one bit to get involved with the game. How about just stfu and make some worthwhile suggestions which benefit the WHOLE community, those of all skill level and allow the admins to make sure they get it right next time.

Funkeh

DStM

Didn’t anyone read my post :'(

It fit fucking perfectly lawl ;)

Anathema

@ box guys : First off, look at the clan I’m in, see that, div4 going to div5.
I’m on your side of the skill spectrum.

That being said, think for a moment about what you’re saying.
The more skilled players don’t want to steamroll lower clans at all. What they wanted was an exciting final, which would result in a close match. There’s simply no fun in matches in which you get raped or rape. As you like to say, its a fun tourney. See the problem here?
Like gibbz said you’re only seeing your side of this. You don’t care about the others’ matches being boring or interesting. I’m not saying you have to, but you should respect the fact that they do and are therefor dissapointed if they aren’t.

Shem

boX?
[F(r)ag]

There’s a lot of rage and bitching going on ’round these parts.

Can we just admit the tourney was a back of cocks and organise a community one or something?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

*************IMPORTANT MESSAGE***************

Myself and Mole will be admining i38 and also,(you heard it here first) there will be a substantial prize fund for tf2!

Multiplay have invested alot in tf2 and they arnt about to see it go down the pan it seems. Just think they sponser all our tf2 pickup servers/vent servers they dont do it just for fun :-).
There have been mistakes this lan but it seems down to admin errors (Who now have been removed from the mpuk community) and the head organisers as we’ve seen are the first to admit this. Although its a fun tourny they do want it to be competative :-).
Myself and mole will make sure i38 is a professionally fun yet still enjoyable tournament.
As many have found the rules and maps to be strange and ambiguous

So now please stop spamming and causing conflict and think of this as a step to a F*ing awesome i38 build up!
Mistakes were made by the admins and now we’ll see they wont happen again ^_^.

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

I started of with some sick pipes on you gibbz :D, 3-1 up.

Then it all went downhill….

Anyways sounds as if they’re just putting this behind them and making i38 good

Inexistence

Üb

FULLY support Tapley and Mole being admins for i38. Both great guys, and I really hope i38 falls on a good date for me so I can be there. I can’t wait. Hope to see everyone at the finals tomorrow, :D

Menace

That being said, think for a moment about what you’re saying.
The more skilled players don’t want to steamroll lower clans at all. What they wanted was an exciting final, which would result in a close match. There’s simply no fun in matches in which you get raped or rape. As you like to say, its a fun tourney. See the problem here?
Like gibbz said you’re only seeing your side of this. You don’t care about the others’ matches being boring or interesting. I’m not saying you have to, but you should respect the fact that they do and are therefor dissapointed if they aren’t.

Totally understandle point there, and we all agree that the admins ballsed up the seedings, the groups and the whole tournament. But what gets us going is saying we’ve been beaten by noobs, we are noobs and we are going to lose the next round. Please just leave it now, it was a shit tournament, so let the teams who have gone through get some credit and still keep the idea of fun in tf2.

Menace

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

*************IMPORTANT MESSAGE***************

Myself and Mole will be admining i38 and also,(you heard it here first) there will be a substantial prize fund for tf2!

Multiplay have invested alot in tf2 and they arnt about to see it go down the pan it seems. Just think they sponser all our tf2 pickup servers/vent servers they dont do it just for fun :-).
There have been mistakes this lan but it seems down to admin errors (Who now have been removed from the mpuk community) and the head organisers as we’ve seen are the first to admit this. Although its a fun tourny they do want it to be competative :-).
Myself and mole will make sure i38 is a professionally fun yet still enjoyable tournament.
As many have found the rules and maps to be strange and ambiguous

So now please stop spamming and causing conflict and think of this as a step to a F*ing awesome i38 build up!
Mistakes were made by the admins and now we’ll see they wont happen again ^_^.

OK so they made some people that actually have a clue about TF2 admins. Big deal.

Until Team Fortress 2 appears here: http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/i37/tournaments/prize/ Multiplay aren’t taking TF2 seriously.

frymaster

we all agree that the admins ballsed up the seedings

er…. it wasn’t a seeded tourney >_>

the admin did not “decide” to put certain teams in certain slots. He pressed the button on the shiny panel and it generated the groups

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

i knew i forgot something…

locked properly now.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4