Forum

The thing you dislike most about Public TF2 Servers

Created 2nd August 2009 @ 15:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Might be more applicable asking what you want from a public. Because right now, problems are – retarded players (I don’t think there’s a way to ever stop that), it being too easy (I don’t think that can be helped either, a “high” players pub wouldn’t really sustain) Crits/luck kills – well crits can be off, that’s sorted but general luck just happens in matches anyway so, deal with it :E Retarded medics (Same as retarded players). And anything more than 6v6 that isn’t granary/well/badlands etc. with no engis, pyros etc. <— just go play a match/mix/pickup?!

I dunno, publics I just don't think will ever be greatly pleasing for most people it seems, unless you can lolstack the hell out of it and rape playing 6 engineers – though communities that are actually looked after probably don't permit that/enjoy it. Actual public players don't enjoy it anyway, so you're back to something like the ETF2L pub standard, where i'd rather hope you wouldn't get away with it :D

Turbine 24/7 is always good for lols though.

Edit: Also thinking that maybe you have a spare server up your sleeve to try accomodate? ;)

Assault Marine Sigh

I play on publics a fair bit when not in matches. Playing ever class other than soldier usually.
The worst thing is usually player stupidity or complete randomness. Like finding a medic behind our respawn lines …… strange … oh and generally crits too.

albert

epx^

not enough medics

jagbama

бекон

I’d rather play on a pub than grow old waiting for ppl to !med in pickups…

My biggest pub gripe is repeatedly stacked teams – where’s the fun in that? If the nubs are evenly spread, you can still have fun :D

fJack

k^m

running into other competitive players who then go about acting like elitist mongs. only happened a couple of times but i cringed so hard i think i burst my spleen a little.

apart from that nothing too much because tf2 is a great public game. if anything it’s down to the server and their community.

flushy

P.O.P

lol @ fJack elitist mongs…

i hate stacked teams. easy way to sort it is team scramble but its not always as simple as that

RUJa

STD

The single most annoying are the medics. More than often, they stick to only one person and are completely blind to other people shouting for heals.

m00n

The single most annoying are the medics. More than often, they stick to only one person and are completely blind to other people shouting for heals.

+1

end0

[x]

lol, i like pubs, they make me feel that I can play and be the ZOMG BEST IN TEAM
but then I come back to pickups and understand, how low skill I am T_T

.____________.

Tbh i think the m1+w pyros and the random sentry spam is all a part of public play and don’t think too much about it. Main problem is though, the amount of people all running at you at the same time. The best m1+w public pyro in the world can be easy enough to kill, but not while you at the same time get spammed by 8 scouts and a demoman while trying to take out a sentry and not get sniped. Is why 16v16 only works if you hide in a corner as an engi, else you can’t really expect anything else than spam.

Oh and fragga, change your name back before i bite you. Lying isn’t nice you know :P

revanxp

Spam. I usually play on 32 player server when playing pub

Funkeh

DStM

No Medics and class limits on things like scout and sniper/spy (things I usually play on pubs due to lack of medics). I am fine with a lack of medics (or even good medics) but if there are no spaces in the more solitary classes, then I cba playing on that server. When I get a good medic though I usually favourite the server and check it for the decent medics as they are hard to come by.

That is the main benefit of HH, SpA etc servers, the players are more aware of their class most of the time and everyone can get along and have a laugh :D

Oh and when a 5cp map comes up and everyone goes scout and ruins the map (or ruins it with tonnes of sentries – 3-4).

EnergizeRr

[CZetaX]

goldrush

Skyride

DUCS

Oh and fragga, change your name back before i bite you. Lying isn’t nice you know :P

+1 Amen to that!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Publics are fun just for a frag around playing off class. What i hate is:
– indeed no medics
– League players playing their normal class and raping everyone :p
– Pyros!! :<<

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »