Forum

TF2 Ladder?

Created 29th July 2009 @ 19:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

compton

cvx|

A TF2 ladder would be interesting. I’ve never played in a ladder, but it sounds good. If it gets popular, you get to play as many matches as you want at your own pace.

Jones

Anyone remember that ladder in TFC? Morat i think it was called. That was pretty user friendly

infussle

My main point was actually aimed towards leagues, and a ladder (although not such a good idea now) seemed like an opening for a league to tap into.
Heres me hoping that ESL/other big leagues are planning something special to reignite their tf2 section.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

a long time ago i was thinking a project called clanladder.

Here you would get a panel to acces all the leagues for a game and the continent. For exemple just with 1 click to sign up your team to both ESL and ETF2L and so on.

Also every offcial match would be counted in the clan ladder “ladder”. At this ladder you can also challenge others.

Sounds good ? This is what i thought.

skinnie

TCM

a long time ago i was thinking a project called clanladder.

Here you would get a panel to acces all the leagues for a game and the continent. For exemple just with 1 click to sign up your team to both ESL and ETF2L and so on.

Also every offcial match would be counted in the clan ladder “ladder”. At this ladder you can also challenge others.

Sounds good ? This is what i thought.

damnit nightbox youre not good for my bloodpressure

I want an option in etf2l to be able to hide the posts from certain people

and +1 for ladder

davesan

epx^
Panda

a ladder is a good way to get people playing serious pcws and may also help etf2l choose divisions for new teams

+1 from me =D

Gaarulf

UP|

+1 for ladder!

Edd

T2P

its also a good idea to help seed divisions, like for eg a new team with unknown players is suddenly in the top 10 then it means they aren’t of lower divs skill. I i think this would also kinda fill the space between seasons but its up to the admins to decide.

+1

Screek

ESL do have a great ladder system if u ask me, if there was a popular demand for a 6v6 ladder then it would prolly be made.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

There were a ladder in ESL,
but due to the demand of league matches, the teams stopped playing.

A ladder is fun only, while most 6on6 team are fighting to get some outcome (promotion or prizes)

I dont see a need of a ladder,
you can play ETF2L, ESL, Wireplay and ED,
and if you still have time (do you?), just play a pcw :)

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

A bit off topic, but maybe someone could code a PCW bot to help find matches, but not a crappy one, a good one. Something like…

I type:
!Match MID+ SERVER
or
!Match MID+

The bot would match up 2 teams looking for the same level (one of which has a server) and then PMs the team with the server to paste their server details to the bot.

The bot then PMs both teams saying Match on 192.168…….. password zomg. Both teams join, bam! You have a game.

obviously there would be map choice issues but there would surely be workarounds for that like say, !match MID+ SERVER GRAN or !match MID+ SERVER ANY

Also adopting the American style of first to 5 would allow one sided battles to end quickly and have more teams available on the PCW market.

compton

cvx|

So ESL ladder died because of demand for a league and everyone switched the site? Then it could be that it’s not necessarily the concept of a ladder that drove people away, but ESL. Seems like the ladder died because the userbase switched out from the site.

Maybe a ladder tied to ETF2L would work well if people get involved and aren’t too afraid of trying new things. We already have a big userbase, albeit quite a conservative one.

Slash

agree for a tf2 ladder

Cycles

lolwow

Definitely! This would give new teams like the team I am currently in a feel of a more “pressured” match – something that we care about more than just a PCW. I think this would be great preparation for league matches.

+1 for a TF2 ladder

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

A ETF2L Ladder
hell freezes before this comes (the admins know that there is no need for)

if you only care about the ETF2L League,
and really want more “pressure” join a League of Wireplay or ESL and hf

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »