Forum

how YOU can help comp tf2

Created 26th July 2009 @ 06:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Lieutenant

The medigun would act as a 3rd arm.

Extremer

Maybe TFTrue 2.4 will come soon with some of those features since some people like them (and some don’t, I already see them whining in the TFTrue thread as they did before :P)

Sounds like the best way to make Valve do it as well.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Now if you are on 4:3 it’s probably time you upgraded your monitor. I suppose next you want a zoom function for players with small monitors so they don’t have a disadvantage over people with huge ones. There will always be people with hardware advantages… or another way to put it, people who have worse hardware than others. If your argument is that you are on 4:3 because you are on a CRT, then grats… you get an advantage with the ultra smooth gameplay. It’s your choice. TFT’s don’t ask you to restrict your HZ to 60 to be balanced (I know it’s a lame argument but i’m in a bitchy mood today ;)

Disagreed and ‘time to upgrade’ is a weak argument. A simple fix would be to allow a higher max FOV if you run 4:3 (to the point where it’s the same as 90 FOV on 16:10), whereas on 16:10 it would still be limited to its current max.

Bun

GM

I want random damage, turned off. :[
And don’t tell me tf_damage_disablespread disables that, cause sometimes it takes two nades to kill a soli, sometimes three.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

And don’t tell me tf_damage_disablespread disables that, cause sometimes it takes two nades to kill a soli, sometimes three.

Pipe does 98dmg with spread disabled afaik. So those sollies were at 197+ hp.

AnAkkk

voi-Bun, random damage is turned off on all projectiles as well when you have tf_damage_disablespread 1.

What you are talking about seem to be about how you hit the enemy. It has already been explained many times that for projectiles, VALVe took a point on the player model that is considered the center. The closer your grenade/sticky/rocket explode of the center of the model, the more damage you’ll do. This seem to be the feet from some testing I did a while ago.

So, if you hit the head with your grenade, you’ll do less damage than if you hit the feet.

Bun

GM

Pipe does 98dmg with spread disabled afaik. So those sollies were at 197+ hp.

I tested it on duel, with bots.
Two nades sometimes, three nades sometimes. They were at full health all the time to.

Bun

GM

voi-Bun, random damage is turned off on all projectiles as well when you have tf_damage_disablespread 1.

What you are talking about seem to be about how you hit the enemy. It has already been explained many times that for projectiles, VALVe took a point on the player model that is considered the center. The closer your grenade/sticky/rocket explode of the center of the model, the more damage you’ll do. This seem to be the feet from some testing I did a while ago.

So, if you hit the head with your grenade, you’ll do less damage than if you hit the feet.

oOOoOoOh..
That’s kind of stupid imo.

AnAkkk

Yes, it would be more logical to do more damage when you hit the head, but it has always been like that. Maybe they’ll change it someday if the community ask.

Waebi

‹Con›

The medigun would act as a 3rd arm.

*hrm*

mwhhahahahahaha.
SCNR.

What I do miss are clear footsteps (thanks for reminding me AcidRenix :P). This has been pissing me off ever since I started playing tf2 (beta). In CSS I could pinpoint enemies from half-way across the map just by the foodsteps. In tf2 you just don’t hear anything clearly. Except for the machine gun spin-up. Maybe this is because of the background noise on all maps, but it’s really annoying. And imo using sound is just as important as any other skill in fps games. But maybe it would make the game unbalanced, because you could hear a scout run by or pin-point the exact locating of the medic through walls.

There’s no doubt that you can’t hear footsteps as well as you could on CS (whatever version), but it’s definitely there. Footsteps, fully-charged uber, rocket & pipe jumps, “Thanks!” after being buffed, etc… You can get tons of information, it’s just a bit harder :P

exm

There’s no doubt that you can’t hear footsteps as well as you could on CS (whatever version), but it’s definitely there. Footsteps, fully-charged uber, rocket & pipe jumps, “Thanks!” after being buffed, etc… You can get tons of information, it’s just a bit harder :P

/agree

On CS only info you could get from sounds where footsteps. In TF2 you get a lot of it from all those “Thanks mate”; “I love this doctor” etc… I remember playing with medic who was yelling “I am fully Charged” ALL THE TIME. Man it was a nightmare. We never knew when do they have an uber. The good thing was we always knew where he is ;)

UniversalSnip

Just thought I’d let you know that despite being “retarded”, “stupid” and having “silly, unnecessary ideas” I am still working on the items that have not yet been implemented.

ambra

Just thought I’d let you know that despite being “retarded”, “stupid” and having “silly, unnecessary ideas” I am still working on the items that have not yet been implemented.

what do you imply?

UniversalSnip

Assuming you are asking how I am working on it, I am keeping everybody aware of them. If people forget that there are features to be added and that valve is actively seeking sources of input none of this will go anywhere. I talk to a LOT of players about hitsounds especially, I bump relevant threads, I continue to email robin walker, I urge server owners to add tftrue, etc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »