Forum

Allowing Spy and Sniper stuff now?

Created 17th July 2009 @ 06:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

David

with cNd every spy turn in to a master spy able to time attacks right and disappear after their strike and stay alive.

Holy shit… your telling me the spy can go INVISIBLE?

M0re

im telling you spy can stay invisible as long as its needed to do it again. then again im sure everyone else realised it.

Personally I don’t think that’s enough to make it overpowered in 6v6, where lets face it the spy could have done with a buff anyway. I mean on most 5cp maps spy will still mostly be irrelevant even with the CnD as the game just passes him by (especially when his team is effectively operating 5v6 while he takes time getting into position). I do admit that this would sure up the use of a spy as a tactic on Gravel Pit (or any other A/D maps played).. but I can’t even there see it getting to the point where running a spy becomes a tactical necessity and as such I wouldn’t call it overpowered.

Whoever said the Sniper is defenseless without the SMG… Now, that everyone is suddenly amazing at unscoped shots duo to that bloody crosshair, that argument is just not true. It was semi-true before the crosshair updates, as getting unscoped shots (or quick headshots) wasn’t that simple. But now? SMG is ONLY good if you can hit every single bullet with it, and while that seems easy, it isn’t. Hell, even if you hit all the bullets, getting 3 unscoped shots would still do more damage, and take less time.

Just like with the fan, I don’t think the Jarate should be banned, just so we can have some more diversity to this game… But there are almost no cons to it, and quite frankly, when looking at the amount of damage it potentially does, it’s way to easy to use.

RaCio

GoT²

It seems that valve did fix the rocketjump problem with jarate.

So solly’s and demos can just jump away. Heavy’s are quite f-ed though, if there were any left.

bm

imagine a game on cp_well, many teams use a sniper there at the start.

easy as pie to throw the piss and hit 2 or 3 players of the enemy team right at the start of the mid fight. lame.

compton

cvx|

easy as pie to throw the piss and hit 2 or 3 players of the enemy team right at the start of the mid fight. lame.

So okay, as you just pointed out, it’s useful on some occasions. Now how is it related to this discussion (allowing Spy and Sniper unlocks)? And what’s so “lame” about the tactic? Aren’t unlocks supposed to be useful? Or are you maybe saying that useful unlocks shoudn’t be allowed?

Sorry, but I have to say this: BOO FK’IN HOO HOO!

RaCio

GoT²

You could say the same about the kritzkrieg ^^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4