Forum

Ideas for a new rocket launcher

Created 14th July 2009 @ 11:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

compton

cvx|

Yeah, you can’t really have Soldier as a balanced class without giving him a classwide buff or a rocket launcher that would render the old one useless. I wouldn’t choose the latter.

Soldier needs overall self-damage reduced. And probably faster rockets too. And definitely an option to shoot where the crosshair is at. (+the helmet throw, attack2 any1?)

After that a RL with less splash, no crits, more direct damage and faster mobility would be cool.

nemppu

mmm.

well shiftly that is nice idea..bit too “extreme” though..i have an idea of my own

the “Shunnpuu moon dance mark iv”

what it does when used it will shoot out five highly skilled ninjas from 1600’s japan to help the solly..thier abilities are as follows:

1.Segaru ninja: this ninja makes meat buns and sushi that the entire team can enjoy,gives +30 health every 2 seconds and serves as mini mobile dispenser

2.Youuru Ninja: this ninja fires ninja stars out of his mouth,each deals only 1 damage but cause new “bleed” effect on hit that drops enemy health by 3/second

3.Minami Ninja: this ninja serves as a “sentinal” that is placed on points,when enemy tries to capture the point he will “push back” the enemy dealing 20 damage but very far knockback[2x of the fan]

4: Tsubame Gaishi Ninja: this ninja calls down rain of blood,deals 10 dmg/second for 5 seconds

5. Asuka Cranekick: this female ninja serves no purpose what-so-ever aside from being naked and thus forceing much faster heartrate for younger enemies.

the drawback for this weapon is if one of the ninja dies it becomes…

SUPER BIG MEANIE: this HUGE monster will appear in the place of a fallen ninja and will haunt the solider and his team for ALL ETERNITY. the only way to dispose of this monster is by shooting it twice with the FAN….so its almost impossible to get rid of as you can see.

this weapon also comes with new japanise theme that makes the heavy a sumo wrestler complete with the famous chants of “BANZAI” and “MORE RICE” they are famous for.

gj for reading all of this

<3 Sabinrenex xD xD <3<3<3

exm

Valve said that they wont make unlocks just like old weapons with -x% and +y% stuff on it. And I seriously doubt that they will buff solly in any way, becouse on pub servers (99% of people play only pubs) solly is quite balanced, and on 32man instaspawn clusterfucked (I’m looking at you 2Fort!) servers even a bit overpowered. Of course, buffing him will make competitive scene happy, but valve doesnt care a shit for us…

In conclusion: Lets expect something shitty. That way if we get shitty weapon we’ll just say “TOLD YA!”. And if we get something actually usefull… well that would be a pleasent surprise, but cmon a chance of that happening is 1/6

compton

cvx|

And I seriously doubt that they will buff solly in any way, becouse on pub servers (99% of people play only pubs) solly is quite balanced

So say you’re a noob on a public server:

– Demoman is a better pick than a Soldier.
– Heavy is better.
– Pyro is way better.
– Engineer is ridiculously easy, but still manages to do a lot on a noob serv.

– Medic is medic, it’s not a combat class so you can’t compare.

– Sniper is usually less powerful.
– Spy is less powerful.
– Scout is definitely less powerful.

Yeah I’d say Solly is fairly balanced on pubs, but would a buff hurt the game?

So there’s four classes that are better, one uncomparable class and three that are less powerful. Soldier is somewhere in the middle. I would say that a noob soldier also dies mostly because of taking too much damage from the enemies, not by having scouts on his face and dying to the self-damage. Faster rockets wouldn’t be a dramatic change either, because a noob would mostly spam rather than go for directs.

I’d say that Soldier wouldn’t dominate pubs even if they get both faster rockets and less self-damage.

In conclusion: Lets expect something shitty. That way if we get shitty weapon we’ll just say “TOLD YA!”. And if we get something actually usefull… well that would be a pleasent surprise, but cmon a chance of that happening is 1/6

Though, I gotta admit, that’s one good safety net right there.

72usty

S.A.C |

A ‘reward for airshot’ system would be cool.
after an airshot the next rocket is a guaranteed critical one.
and it’s not going to make the soldy OP because the average player has never even thought about trying to shoot someone in the air.

Wiiking

keep the same self dmg lvl or make it a lil less but impove movement speed!!

fJack

k^m

Though, I gotta admit, that’s one good safety net right there.

now you’re thinking british!

and come on soldier is still brutal on pubs.

exm

Some nice points there, compton, although I still think that demoman and solly (on pubs of course) are fairly similar. Maybe that becouse I dont play pubs and if I do, I play against uberstupid people (hello K3nny’s slaughterhouse!) just for lols, so I cant argue here…
Also the “usefulness” of certain classes strongly depend on players (the player himself and those who he’s playing against) skill level. I noticed that “stupid” servers are heaven for pyros, heavies and spammers in-general, while more intelligent players “pwn” with scouts, snipers and spies to some level. What I wanted to say in this useless text is: solly is original class and so is quite balanced on pubs and for that reason we shouldnt expect any buffs for our loved “Screaming Eagle”.

P.S.: The idea behind Hook launcher is intresting…

Ino

dp.
dp.

Soldier is only brutal on pubs because most enemys you encounter are w+mouse1 pyros our scout noobs hoping to kill you while they are running in your face instead of flanking you…

exm

Soldier is only brutal on pubs because most enemys you encounter are w+mouse1 pyros our scout noobs hoping to kill you while they are running in your face instead of flanking you…

EXACTLY! Thats what I was saying, and it’s a “proof” that valve wont buff solly. Maybe some ubertalented player could make a mod, (something like TFTrue maybe?) which would buff solly?
P.S.: I just took this thread to “Off-topic-sville”, population: drunk 8.

RaCio

GoT²

EXACTLY! Thats what I was saying, and it’s a “proof” that valve wont buff solly.

Since there have been multiple unlocks released that make projectile weapons and rocket/stickyjumping more dangerous(FAN, airblast, jarate, etc) I think you can justify lowering selfdamage for soldier and demo(even on pubs).

Norrland3000

A little off topic. But i would like the soldier to be as fast as demoman, i don’t se the logic that the demo is faster (when running)…

Soldier and Heavy runs practically the same speed…i think thats wrong :P

Giev then +25hp to demo k,thx

sure

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Maybe it will be something like a mortar
http://www.wfyi.org/fireandice/images/arms/fi_f_ar_mortar.jpg
That could be a nice and new Weapon :)

mulk

jetpack shotgun rush!?

DOLLFACE

D.P.

So say you’re a noob on a public server:

– Heavy is better.

I’d say that Soldier wouldn’t dominate pubs even if they get both faster rockets and less self-damage.

Well, I lol’d. DERP!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »