Forum

DPI question

Created 10th June 2009 @ 06:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

danny.

Hey guys ive got a question:
can anybody tell if its better to play with high dpi (3200) and low ingame speed (0.4) [Thanks to Jonni for the example] or play with low dpi and high ingame speed :)

Peace
-daN

The higher the DPI the more dots your mouse can read per inch, hence more accurate.

So…high DPI, low ingame sens.

danny.

KK, thanks

eoN^

As long as your sensitivity is under 3 ingame you dont lose pixel precision (to my knowledge)

People think its best to set DPI to what ever you wnat and set ingame to 1 but i dunno its personal preference i think im currently 700 DPI in drivers and 3 ingame and dont feel any problems. This is due to having a thick cloth mousemat though, if youve got a slick mouse mat that is probs far to high.

fJack

k^m

As long as your sensitivity is under 3 ingame you dont lose pixel precision (to my knowledge)

it’s more complicated than that.

exm

As far as I know, in-game sens cant make your mouse skip pixels (I’m not sure though). And you should have your DPI as high as possible- I heard that from people who really understand computer mice (even watched on discovery where they build mice and they told that!).

Buck

Yeah, use high dpi low sens, here is a calculator if you want to keep same sens but move up dpi.
http://www.users.on.net/~frankros/DPI-calc.php

Ino

dp.
dp.

That tool must have been quite complicated to do regarding the difficult mathematics behind a linear scale :D

(old DPI/new DPI)*(old sensitivity)=(new sensitivity)

Splash

I use 1800 DPI and use 6 in game sensitivity, i also use an ice mat mousemat. no accel.

seems fine to me ;x

kolox

obs.

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html wins

skinnie

TCM

hey guys is it better to use sens 2.1 or 2.2 in windows and/or sens 1.444 or 1.45 in tf2 ? cause i heard some guy that was rlly good used 1.444 but then this other guy who is really famous says 1.45 is way better so now i’m confused pls tell me what sens i must use cause atm i cant hit shit

danny.

skinnie just bind “mouse1” “kill” and u will win

wooj

-HH-

Please elaborate jack

fJack

k^m

Please elaborate jack

pixel skipping is generally a product of not having enough DPI to cover your resolution; there are also some hard and fast rules governing the max sens you should use at a given res. some people have done the calculations so you might want to search ESR for it. a rule of thumb is 400 dpi is enough for low sens whereas players who use a very high sensitivity or own a large resolution screen (or both) would benefit from higher DPI mice. to a limit. very few players (and say that with a caveat) will need 3000+ DPI. FluffyM probably does :P

eg:
“The only tips I can suggest is don’t put it over 13 on 640×480, 10 on 800×600, 8 on 1024×768, or 7 on 1280×1024, or 5 on 1600×1200 or you’ll for sure lose single pixel accuracy. You want to avoid pixel skipping if at all possible.”
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html

Buck

That tool must have been quite complicated to do regarding the difficult mathematics behind a linear scale :D

(old DPI/new DPI)*(old sensitivity)=(new sensitivity)

never said its hard or complicated, just way easier popping the values in then calculating normal way :P

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »