Forum

Whats considered low and high sensitivity?

Created 10th June 2009 @ 00:20

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

toasty.

PHX

1mm/720

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I used to use a really fast sens, but after the leagues dropped crits and the soldier nerf self damage patch I was forced to lower it as it lost its benefit – it’s a shame really some of those shots I did back then I couldn’t do now simply because I can’t flick my mouse into the correct location quick enough. I used to be able to flick it into roughly the right direction and still have time to fine-tune the shot, now all of that needs to be done at the moment of the initial movement, meaning I have less time to consider the enemy’s trajectory.

For soldier, you’re always going to miss shots because you predict their movement and if they change direction after you’ve fired then there’s nothing you can do (made worse by the crappy rocket speed). But lower sensitivity has helped me get better length on the rockets, before I would often fire short. Firing long is the key for soldier as most enemies retreat.

When I think back pre-nocrits, I’d rarely used my shotgun, now its almost become my primary weapon at close range, it’s often better than the rocket launcher as you have two extra shots in addition to no self-dmg and no need to predict enemy movement like you would the rocket launcher – it’s also better where the ground is useless for rockets like the middle point on well or various spots on fastlane – or just firing upwards

grimbob

scout = 2.4 sens
soldier/demo = 4 sens

400dpi standard windows sens

NeoX

Roccat Kone @ 3200dpi, sens 1.8

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Razer Deathadder (1800DPI) with 0.85 ingame.

I don’t think it’s that low.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Habu @2000DPI with ingame sense of 2

skinnie

TCM

hey i used to play with a very low sense u know 1800dpi and sens 1.1 ingame and stuff but u know i used to put my cross somewhere and hope the enemy would run into it (u know predict movement and stuff) but sometimes the enemy wouldnt run into my cross so i decided to increase my sense so i can actually aim at people sometimes and also with the updates of the spy and sniper with the piss and stuff its better to have a higher sensitivity ofc

Qun

GoT<3

hey i used to play with a very low sense u know 1800dpi and sens 1.1 ingame and stuff but u know i used to put my cross somewhere and hope the enemy would run into it (u know predict movement and stuff) but sometimes the enemy wouldnt run into my cross so i decided to increase my sense so i can actually aim at people sometimes and also with the updates of the spy and sniper with the piss and stuff its better to have a higher sensitivity ofc

Skinnie on drugs? :D

Yo dawg, I herd yo lieked fraggin’. So I put yo sens in yo sens, so yo can aim whiel yo aim!

minimoose

3200 dpi and 3 sens in game :S

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

I am so surprised that everyone uses such a low sensitivity.I was expecting everyone to say how high their sens is.
For me: 2500 dpi , 7 on the fly sens and 4.8 tf2 (Razer Lachesis)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

skinnie top scores on idle servers

Ares

-HH²-

1.5 ig 800 dpi on my mouse ~30cm per 360 used to play at like 50 cm to a 360 so this is pretty high sens :P

FunKi

sisu

1800 Dpi and 8.5 ingame

GenZo

I have DeathAdder too, when i’m played Scout i had 900 DPI and 1.7 sens. now i’m soldier and use 3 sens. i find that high :3

exm

I dont quite see the point of having INSANLY low sensitivity like 30cm/360 or even more. TF2 is very verticaly active, not like CS:S for example and actually other games. I mean, what other games have double jumping hyperactive scouts, flying drunken scots and rocket launcher catapulting sollies? I never saw an FPS so verticaly active and for that reason alone having something like <20cm/360 is better. imho…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »