Forum

r_drawviewmodel 0

Created 8th June 2009 @ 18:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Cycles

lolwow

Hey,

Recently I tried using +reload as a scout on the scattergun, but found the animation of reloading very off putting. So I tried going one step further, and hiding the gun completly, but I’m not sure it’s really for me.

What do people think about hiding the weapon? Does it help your play? Did you do this because you do it in other games too, or did you start doing it in TF2?

I’m curious, but for me.. I think I’ll be turning the models back on and living without auto reload :)

Bun

GM

Well, for me I just change it depending on the mood I am in, but that’s just me..

Also, it seems that it helps me aim with hitbox weapons alittle, might just be me though.

fJack

k^m

“Did you do this because you do it in other games too”

yup. bad idea for projectile classes (in general) because of the off-centre rockets/nades, at least i find the model helps.

although you see slightly more of the screen it’s still definitely in the realm of preference, you will find you prefer one or the other. if you like playing with viewmodels then don’t disable it just because all the cool kids do.

iQue

keso

You’re not really gaining a huge advantage with them off, so play with whatever you like best.

I like to switch actually, but I usually keep them on.

Awx

InsertCoin

I am playing with viewmodel 0, I just got better aim with this :|

Meyer

IsF
G9

i play with r_drawviewmodel 0, feels so much better.

Isai

flowerpower/

As a scout Im using r_drawviewmodel 0 90% of the time, but as a demo, I just need the model to feel more secure. The negative side is I cant see as much. :( I wish you could make that weapon transparent. :>

Rele

I feel best when playimg with a viewmodel, but a pretty high viewmodel_fov (80). I might up that some time.

kolox

obs.

What relentless said.
I cant get a feel for the class without a viewmodel

eoN^

With scout and sniper its great to get used to aiming for the dot without using the gun, it can be good though to use a hidden scatter and a shown pistol but its personal preference nowadays im using no viewmodels for soli and most other classes. Actuallly i was just about to redo my demo config so i had hidden weapons :D

minimoose

I’ve been trying it out, it’s useful when your high up (such as spire) since you gain that area of your screen for observation. Also I find the reloading animation distracting, so yeah, playing with it 0 helps me with scout and soldier, not with the other classes though.

hänsen

Team Popo!

scout 0
all other classes @ own viewmodel fov in cfg :D

btw, my scout has 40 viewmodel fov :D

Skelz

Sniper : r_drawviewmodel 0
Scout : r_drawviewmodel 0
Demo,Solly : viewmodel 70
Medic,pyro : viewmodel 90
spy,enginner viewmodel 54
heavy : viewmodel 115

pena

nice necro

ANGRA

[j]\\\'
[j]'

bind 1 “slot1;r_drawviewmodel 0”
bind 2 “slot2;r_drawviewmodel 1”
bind 3 “slot3;r_drawviewmodel 1”

If you don’t want to rush with the bat :)
Works nice for me atleast :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1