Forum

Question about ambient sounds and effects

Created 6th June 2009 @ 13:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

dg

My question is: Is there a way to disable ambient sounds? They are just giving me headache :)

xtala

Are you referring to the bug where the ambient sounds keep playing during the game?
If so type snd_restart in the console.

nvc

no i think he means for example, the background noises in some parts of the maps

they should definately be removed imo, would be so much nicer

dg

I’ve recently changed my audio card and now the ambient sounds are driving me crazy. I’m hearing lots of industrial noises in maps constantly. I’ve read a solution about this, a guy changed all the ambient noises in the gcf content, but there must be a simple solution :)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I’ve recently changed my audio card and now the ambient sounds are driving me crazy. I’m hearing lots of industrial noises in maps constantly. I’ve read a solution about this, a guy changed all the ambient noises in the gcf content, but there must be a simple solution :)

That won’t work on sv_pure 1/2 servers anyway.

mb

keso

Yeah Valve should really make it an option to have them turned off like in Quake.

AnAkkk

dg, how did he change the files inside the GCF?
Steam would see that the GCF was modified and would update it I guess.
If not, anyway it’s not allowed to do this and might be considered an exploit.

dg

Yeah I think it can be considered as cheating. He extracted all the ambient wav files by using an application from the team fortress 2 content file and decreased the volume of all wav files by editing them. Then put them back. He did this in css, so it should work in tf2, too.

Weirdz

I liked StopSound in Day Of defeat 1.3 <3 !

toasty.

PHX

I hate it on well when you hear those fans and beeping etc really loudly through out the whole map. Thats been there from the start and never fixed.

compton

cvx|

I hope it will be optional because I’ll NEVAR give up the “moo” that welcomes me to cp_granary <3

xtala

@Toasty. : That was the bug a mentioned in my previous post.
Type snd_restart in the console. The game will freeze for about 1-2 seconds but it fixes the problem.

toasty.

PHX

Oh thanks, I missed that. :)

eoN^

I wish there was a way but sadly i dont think there is. Just try setting your ingame volume to somewhere around the first bar in the settings window. That way you can hear rockets etc but not all the rest of the crap, also removes the headaches caused by the noise of pipes.

fJack

k^m

I hope it will be optional because I’ll NEVAR give up the “moo” that welcomes me to cp_granary <3

i just :3’d

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »