Forum

Windows 7

Created 31st May 2009 @ 14:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Open up start menu and click the little > beside it and it makes it soooo cool :X

example: http://i29.tinypic.com/ekgqbq.jpg

Edit, you can get the same effect by clicking on the icon on the task bar thingy and dragging it up.

Ah I see what you mean. I’m running Messenger in xp compatibility so it minimizes to system tray, so I don’t get the tab in taskbar. (only way I could find it to minimize to system tray)

But some of the integrations like that are nice, like recent documents using that application such as Word, WinRAR etc.. so a steam one would be nice :>

Skyride

DUCS

Just remember, to shrink my drive by 50GB, it took like 2-3 hours.

Yes, thats very true and something I probably should have mentioned. To be fair, the size shrank isn’t directly proportional to the size shrunk (I.e. double the amount shrinking dosen’t nescessarily double the amount of the time to do it) and theres alot if things that can affect it. The reason I suggest doing it from an external OS is that theres a high potential for something to go wrong and leaving your filesystem info corrupt which bassically means you need to reformat the whole hard drive.

Deleteme

I just installed Windows 7 today and im also having the mouse issue. It weird, its not mouse accel or negative accel, its just weird. Almost like theres a very slight delay between when you move the mouse and when it moves the screen. I dunno :/ Im finding it hard to get used to. Would be a shame to have to go back to XP just because of this tiny issue ='[. Anyone found a fix yet?

ANGRA

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Tried using W7, got a BSOD when shutting my comp down, my dual-screen would fuck up my cursor and was getting lag-spikes in tf2(only in net_graph tho, and the models warped all over the place. :7). All in all, wasn’t a really pleasant experience for me.

I almost have the same problem. Models warp when they jump/in mid air. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

exm

Can anyone tell me if its possible to make audio mixer like in winamp (with all those xx kHz sliders) and if so, how? My in-game sounds are shitish and I fixed that with my audio draivers on XP, but now I switched to w7 and those drivers dont fit in. I tried downloading the newest one, but after installing it (everything went ok) theres no tray icon or anything like that in Control Panel. Help?

P.S.: I didnt notice anything weird with mouse.

Skyride

DUCS

exm, Noo…..

Take my word for it, even if you could, it would be an immensely bad idea.

You just need to download Windows 7 drivers for your soundcard, or if they aren’t available the windows Vista ones should work fine.

If you don’t have Vista drivers for your soundcard, by a new PC IMMEDIATELY. :P

Sorry if thats bad news but its the truth.

exm

You didnt understood me. I’m not talking about that shit win7 has in system tray. I had those xx kHz sliders (like in winamp) on my audio drivers. I had to play a bit with it to make my in-game sound better, but now I cant, becouse my old drivers dont fit (windows show errors of incompability) and the newest one dont do ANYTHING! I mean, I downloaded the newest drivers for windows 7 (x64), installed them (with no error whatsoever), restarted my pc to notice that it didnt do a SHIT. On winXP I had a system tray icon for both, windows sound control AND driver sound control (witch had those sliders I mentioned before).

So basicly, I’m asking if there’s somekind of program or anything to make sliders for MASTER volume?

xtala

So your looking for a software equaliser?
Have you tried searching for the driver (via the startmenu searchbar)?

gryzor

Erm, are you talking about volume or bitrate? I’m confused… Anyway, volume is of course adjustable by the normal volumecontrol in the controlpanel. Regarding “forcing” your card to certain bitrate… Source is directx nowadays, so I’d presume DirectSound just allocates 44.1kHz stereo if it’s available. Have you checked with dxdiag?

Skyride

DUCS

No, hes on about literally a Graphic EQ for his Windows Sound. :P

(i think)

gryzor

OH! Right. My bad.

exm

Thanks for quick replays.

Fixed my problem by instaling RIGHT drivers. I’m just working to get these w7 work like I want all day and I guess I downloaded wrong drivers >.< Stupid me… Anyways, now it work perfectly, and my in-game sounds are great again :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5