Windows 7

Created 31st May 2009 @ 14:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

baerbel

trick17
trick17

did you enable acceleration in the control panel? :>

J3

No i just double checked the mouse settings and no acc. didnt touched the win mouse settings…

edit: triple checked lachesis setup and after some disabling acceleration again on the mouse software I dont it anymore on windows, I’ll just check it ingame…

oblivion

there’s an option where windows 7 turns down the volume if it sees any voice programs running, like mumble/skype
try disabling that?
control panel – sound – communication

also use foobar2000 and not shitty winamp :p

Perfect! Thats exactly what i’ve been looking for, no more sound dimming and i won’t have to keep chaning my sound settings in game/mumble :).

Abunai

I also had that sound problem, but i installed foobar2000 again (after thinking it wouldn’t work – when it works better than it did on XP) and it stopped turning down music when I loaded a fullscreen app.
I haven’t experienced any mouse issues; I was really impressed because when I plugged my Kone into the pc it picked it up automatically and there was even a small custom icon of a roccat kone in the devices bit :3

Microsoft can still devour a plate of cocks for not extending the taskbar across multiple monitors though :/

gryzor

Without explaining in great detail due to it getting boring fast, _never ever_ change the mouse-speed in w7/vista/xp, since it enables the evil interpolation that will make things HORRIBLE. Keep sensitivity glued to 1 in TF2 (or 2 if you must, but it starts to get yonks even there), mouse-speed in windows untouched/default and adjust your mouse DPI until comfortable, that way you get no interpolation done on any level.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Tried using W7, got a BSOD when shutting my comp down, my dual-screen would fuck up my cursor and was getting lag-spikes in tf2(only in net_graph tho, and the models warped all over the place. :7). All in all, wasn’t a really pleasant experience for me.

Assault Marine Sigh

Without explaining in great detail due to it getting boring fast, _never ever_ change the mouse-speed in w7/vista/xp, since it enables the evil interpolation that will make things HORRIBLE. Keep sensitivity glued to 1 in TF2 (or 2 if you must, but it starts to get yonks even there), mouse-speed in windows untouched/default and adjust your mouse DPI until comfortable, that way you get no interpolation done on any level.

how can people play on that low sensitivity is beyond me. I have my game on 3 with my mouse on max dpi and sense and its really slow for me !

Anyway, I didnt think windows 7 was out yet ? or is this some form of beta whatever ?

edit ignore. ive just read up on it :D

Loving it so far tbh. Looks sexy, very quick and it just works?

kaidus

WiK?

Blue screen at least once every 2 hours since switching to win 7 (no explainable cause).

lala

Blue screen at least once every 2 hours since switching to win 7 (no explainable cause).

maybe your license is expired

Wlv

RaWr ::

Have downloaded the trial after most of the comments on here – waiting for my external HDD to be returned before installing though..anything I should look out for when installing?

xtala

@Wlv: Make sure your partition is around 40GB in size if you plan on installing anything.
@Kaidus: I’ve got the same thing, what’s your rig?
@lala: License has got nothing to do with it, they last until March 2010

Sounds like your still using the beta release.

“Beta: On June 1, 2009, the PC you’re using to test the Beta will begin shutting down every two hours.”

Try out the Release Candidate: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx as xtala said till 2010.

Available to pretty much anyone with a msn/windows live account. :]

kolox

obs.

Switched to this last night at the recommendation of salmon, and it gave me an extra gb of ram – I can alt-tab css as if it was windowed-noborder like tf2.

Finding it very easy to use, though there are an awful lot of settings in control panel, hard to find what i want to do.

Loving the desktop gadgets though, currency converter one is very useful :D

xtala

Sounds like your still using the beta release.

“Beta: On June 1, 2009, the PC you’re using to test the Beta will begin shutting down every two hours.”

Try out the Release Candidate: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx as xtala said till 2010.

Available to pretty much anyone with a msn/windows live account. :]

Shutting down != BSOD

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »