Forum

Windows 7

Created 31st May 2009 @ 14:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

TopGear

tH

Hi all,

I have recently moved over to windows 7 RC and I was wondering if any of you were using it amd if you are how are you finding things with it.

So far im very happy with how its running, no crashes and its alot faster than vista, and seems to run better than XP pro. My fps in tf2 is stable, the only thing im finding is that my mouse seems to be less responsive, not sure if its me or not but the acceleration curve win 7 uses seems to be different from vista and xp. Not found a fix yet, also for some weird reason when playing an mp3 while playing tf2, every time the map changes the volume of the mp3 gets lowered weird I know. Other than that its fine for me

Loco

Mayo

yes ive been useing it for some time its really good and have had no driver issues at all
had a few issues with the explorer browser not being able to view youtube trailers,
but aside that it was fast, reliable and generally a good O/S
and i have the same bug regarding your sound,
but it does that with windws vista 64 also,
seems odd i use the creativ fx sound card

baerbel

trick17
trick17

got windows 7 as well and its working fine for me. the mouse thing is true, the feeling is different, but i haven’t really noticed any acceleration nor are there any working mouse fixes for windows 7 as far as i know..
other than that your can cose your sounds mixing in the right bottom corner and make sure your mp3 sound is on the same lvl as tf2 sound.

iQue

keso

also for some weird reason when playing an mp3 while playing tf2, every time the map changes the volume of the mp3 gets lowered weird I know. Other than that its fine for me

Gotten that too, what’s your sound card? Wondering if it’s the drivers or just W7 doing something I don’t want it to do :D

Otherwise no issues at all with W7, the mouse feels different indeed but if anything I aim better now :> No driver issues, faster and more user friendly than Vista or XP, I love it.

Wuff

I’ve got the same problem with the sound. But I also noticed that it’s different with other Players. For example WindowsMediaPlayer pauses when I join a server and Winamp just lowers the volume. Kinda strange

TopGear

tH

im using an azuentech forte soundcard, no windows 7 drivers but the vista ones work fine, glad to see its not just me that noticed the difference in the mouse.

nvc

I moved over a couple of days ago mate using my i7 pc, seems alright for me

xtala

I’ve installed it on a seperate partition, it looks alright, performance was OK.
But I didn’t really test alot cause I was getting a shitload of BSOD’s, prolly some driver that’s not cooperating but I cba to fix it :p

baerbel

trick17
trick17

there’s an option where windows 7 turns down the volume if it sees any voice programs running, like mumble/skype
try disabling that?
control panel – sound – communication

also use foobar2000 and not shitty winamp :p

F2

Danmark

my mouse seems to be less responsive

Make sure vertical sync is turned off in TF2.
If that doesn’t work, try turning off mouse acceleration in Windows (it’s called something like Precision Enhancement).

I’m running Windows 7 RC as well with no problems other than when I join a server in TF2 the in-game sound and ventrilo/mumble sound gets very low. But I work around that by using snd_restart every time a map loads.

J3

Didn’t had any issue so far, seems alot more stable then vista at the same stage.
Need a no aceleration fix asap so i can change fully.

TopGear

tH

my mouse seems to be less responsive

Make sure vertical sync is turned off in TF2.
If that doesn’t work, try turning off mouse acceleration in Windows (it’s called something like Precision Enhancement).

I’m running Windows 7 RC as well with no problems other than when I join a server in TF2 the in-game sound and ventrilo/mumble sound gets very low. But I work around that by using snd_restart every time a map loads.

vsync is always off, and enhance pointer precision is off. and im using default razor setup like i usually use. But it still feels weird in tf2, not sure what else to change.

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

Control Panel->Sound->Communications->Do Nothing

this fixed the sound problem for me when playing mp3s

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Didn’t had any issue so far, seems alot more stable then vista at the same stage.
Need a no aceleration fix asap so i can change fully.

do you notice any acceleration?
i dont, tested it twice.

J3

Y i notice. I tested it a few times, and its clearly on.
I played without any commands on startup and my normal config.
Didnt changed any mouse or windows settings..

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »