Forum

Unlock spam - plenty hats and some weapons in no time!

Created 27th May 2009 @ 19:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

pl4tinum

i played mpuk pickup, and got hmmm… 20 items – 5 hats and 15 weapons.

i dont know why it happens, but well, im having fun!

I just got 10 hats and items in a row on a local non vac server.

Woot? Are you saying that you just press “create server” and then you got it?

AnAkkk

@Dusty : It all depends if Steam Friends is reporting your local IP or internet IP.

The unlock spam thing is when the Steam server resets or something, it drops lot of items. I’d also like to be lucky :p

dougiie

CotC

just so confusing how it works =/

but today – got 6 hats in 2 mins… literally… just a normal public server, peeps thought i was hacking lol!

I just want the Huntsman, the only weapon I dont have :(

julieN1

cQr

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/143/a/4/Spy_vs_Sniper_Aftermath_by_ShwigityShwonShwei.png

Rynex

FAB
nubs

You know, there is a console command that shows the “has found an item” in the chat, but they dont actually get them.

That’s what I thought at first, but then they showed off all the stuff.

Perhaps he already had them in his possession and decided to spam the command so he could get some recognition. People will do anything the be famous.

Norris

neg, friend of me got 20 items and all hats twice was well yesterday. saw his inventory. Valve incl TRADE… now!!;>

Jones

These items have been downloaded already, and are just sitting in your tf2 folder. Surely there’s a way to find these files, and unlock them?

AnAkkk

@Jones : no.

As I said, this happen when there is a problem with Steam servers, they are giving out a massive unlock drop to some people. You just need to be lucky. And no, this isn’t item_found.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

pile of fucking wank -_- i left it on over night last night and i shit you not (screen shot soon) i have 5 Fans 4 flare guns and 3 snadvichs. That is all.
Cunt system ¬_¬

Jones

lol tapley rage

Ares

-HH²-

I think what happened is that every server, 2 people on it got a hat + 1 weapon every 2 minutes or so, i was on the multiplay dm sotre server adn 2 guys had it to the point they were sat in spawn deleting stuff as there inventory was full :P

Looked at the logs on our servers of what weapons had drops and it shows the same thing shit loads of hat and 1 unlock for a period from 18:37 to 19:10

DarK.

I just got 10 hats and items in a row on a local non vac server.

Woot? Are you saying that you just press “create server” and then you got it?

Yep, just made one to test a texture out and bam.

First time I created a local it said steam servers were down.

Isai

flowerpower/

Maybe this bug with the steam servers is somewhat reproduceable?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2