Created 27th May 2009 @ 12:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Quantum

vR

Page its back up, there was a servercrash and a resulting db problem :9
download shouldbe possible again

Quantum

vR

I created a Steamgroup for anyone who likes my config as my way to say thank you.
I got nearly 1000 downloads and that behind i ever imagined… :D

Feel free to join
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/QuantumsLittleConfig

mr.vinni

Synergy™

Hi there, i experienced a problem with the hq cfg on my pc, its the same problem from Sturzflug in http://www.f7c-foren.de/showthread.php?t=60991 (8th reply and its in german).
My weapon is blinking from time to time, its disappearing for a split second and thats rly annoying. Hope you can help me with this one, cos besides that it looks pretty nice :)

BTW if you want any additional info on my pc comps ask for them, im running [email protected] have mat_queue_mode 2, window mode, 4gbram.
Havent changed much in your cfg besides net_graph 1 and max_fps 200

Quantum

vR

Hi there, i experienced a problem with the hq cfg on my pc, its the same problem from Sturzflug in http://www.f7c-foren.de/showthread.php?t=60991 (8th reply and its in german).
My weapon is blinking from time to time, its disappearing for a split second and thats rly annoying. Hope you can help me with this one, cos besides that it looks pretty nice :)…

With this i can’t help you :/
I was not able to reproduce it myself, so i cant find out what the CVars is what causes the Problem. Maybe someone other knows a solution ?

My workaround would be to remove the weaponmodel (? r_drawviewmodel “0” ?). As far as i know its ok with the etf2l rules.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The RAM cvars seem to crash my tf2 recently. Was a nice fps-boost earlier tho.

Quantum

vR

The RAM cvars seem to crash my tf2 recently. Was a nice fps-boost earlier tho.

Can you be more presice ?

If they trouble you comment the “../Quantum.cfg/SourceEngine_Cache.cfg” in your autoexec.cfg out and remove the Launchoption “-heapsize #####”. This should help ;)

exm

Just tried your HighQuality.cfg and have the same problem vinny does: my weapon blinks every 1-2 seconds. Its really annoying and tiresome for eyes, I mean, after less than 30min of play my eyes hurts… Any way to fix this? The FPS increase is really feel-able.

AnAkkk

Enabling multicore is now setting it to -1 btw. Well, it will just detects if you have a multicore CPU or not. Using 2 is just forcing it and might be bad if you don’t have a multicore CPU. -2 or 0 is disabled.

EDIT:
cl_updaterate “100” // def. “30” # Snapshot-Packets per second from Server
cl_cmdrate “100” // def. “30” # Snapshot-Packets per second from Client

Maximum in TF2 is 66.

The settings in SourceEngine_Multicore.cfg might just makes your game crash more (except mat_queue_mode), since those are not supported because their code is not complete or doesn’t give any FPS boost.

Quantum

vR

Enabling multicore is now setting it to -1 btw. Well, it will just detects if you have a multicore CPU or not. Using 2 is just forcing it and might be bad if you don’t have a multicore CPU. -2 or 0 is disabled.

EDIT:
cl_updaterate “100” // def. “30” # Snapshot-Packets per second from Server
cl_cmdrate “100” // def. “30” # Snapshot-Packets per second from Client

Maximum in TF2 is 66.

The settings in SourceEngine_Multicore.cfg might just makes your game crash more (except mat_queue_mode), since those are not supported because their code is not complete or doesn’t give any FPS boost.

When i developed the cfg Multicore was Beta so i forced everything ;)

Can someone test the Problem with the blinking model will be solved with mat_queuemode “-1”, because i dont have this prob and cant test it.
=> “Quantum.cfg/SouceEngine_Mutlicore.cfg” -> mat_queuemode

Thx :)

exm

Can someone test the Problem with the blinking model will be solved with mat_queuemode “-1”, because i dont have this prob and cant test it.
=> “Quantum.cfg/SouceEngine_Mutlicore.cfg” -> mat_queuemode

Thx :)

Just tried it. It didnt work, but disabling EVERYTHING in “SourceEngine_Multicore.cfg” seems to do the trick. Although I only played just a couple of minutes with that, so I could be mistaking…

exm

Yep. Disabling everything that has to do anything with multicore helped. I think I’ll try to make it one command at a time to see wich one is making weapon model “blink”.

Quantum

vR

Yep. Disabling everything that has to do anything with multicore helped. I think I’ll try to make it one command at a time to see wich one is making weapon model “blink”.

Thx for your work so far :)

For everyone try to fix the blinking model this settings should work fine. Look into “…/tf/cfg/Quantum.cfg/SourceEngine_Multicore” to set it.

cl_interp_threadmodeticks “0”
cl_threaded_bone_setup “0”
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system “0”

mat_queue_mode “-1”
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager “0”
r_threaded_particles “0”
r_threaded_renderables “0”

snd_mix_async “0”

exm

No problem. Also, I finally found the command which made those models “blink”:
cl_threaded_bone_setup
Disabling it looks ok. By the way, I’m using Triple Core (AMD Phenom). Maybe that’s a problem? I mean triple cores arent all that popular, maybe valve didnt optimised it?..

Cycles

lolwow

cl_threaded_bone_setup
Disabling it looks ok. By the way, I’m using Triple Core (AMD Phenom). Maybe that’s a problem? I mean triple cores arent all that popular, maybe valve didnt optimised it?..

Finally, now I can use this config without wanting to smash my screen! Thanks mate :)

Btw, I’m on a Q6600, and I was getting flickering without turning this off. Imo, this and the multicore sound stuff should both be off by default

Quantum

vR

cl_threaded_bone_setup

I think not, as AnAkIn said before i force some Multicore CVars in my config because when i released it it was between the gap of Beta and usable of this feature.
The Multicoresupport seem to be narrowed down to the mat_queuemode CVar now, so what i posted above should be the new settings. But feel free to test if the old seetings bring more FPS, if you are currios ;)

Maybe i bring in the future a update of my cfg, but at the moment time is something i am little bit short on …

ps
At the Moment i have an Idea for an compitive cfg, it wouldn’t be so far away from the highfps but i would have to sacrfice some FPS for it. Anyone interessed ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »