Forum

[Beta] S33 Team Elo

Created 3rd June 2019 @ 17:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

NeuTronas

Team

Hello,

I’ve been bored lately and had nothing to do. Gentleman Jon a while ago (like 2 years ago?) had created a system where it automatically scans through the logs and finds all team’s matches, then by comparing match results he updates team’s elo depending on the performance.

So inspired by him, I tried to implement something similar like him.

Link: http://elo.neutronas.eu

So what is it?
Basically what the system does is scanning through the logs. If it finds you scrimming / playing official with at least 5 registered players on your roster against the other team that has at least 5 registered players it should take the result and compare your elo with the enemies.

Now since this was basically created in 2 days while working several hours per these two days, I expect it might have a lot of inaccuracies/bugs. I’d appreciate if you could contact me directly and report things that you think have worked incorrectly.

Since players migration between teams in early season stage is extremely popular, it might have an impact of the player team assignment. So if the player was not registered in your team for at least 24 hours, he will be assigned as a “sub” and won’t be summed into the 5 registered players count.

Logs scan started from the season beginning, so all matches that were played before the season will not be added.

Again, please note that this is Beta version of the ELO system. Yes, that means, it might be buggy (work slow) and is not a source of truth at all.

tuja

(ETF2L Donator)
Team
inv

i like u

its like the old system that Gentleman Jon??? ran – hella lit.

It’d be interesting to see how/if things look different with everyone starting @ 1600 elo

Thats so neat! Thanks a lot, looking forward to see how this works :D

AlesKee

(League Admin)
BIGFOOT
CHIMP

inb4 teams start stalemating 1-0 in scrims to boost ELO

NeuTronas

Team

Quoted from Joseph__

its like the old system that Gentleman Jon??? ran – hella lit.

It’d be interesting to see how/if things look different with everyone starting @ 1600 elo

I’ll consider that the next season. This season I just want to make sure that the calculation for won/lost matches is working correctly.

Though I think if all teams started at 1600 elo, the team that is sandbagging and scrimming lower teams will most likely be above most/all the prem teams (e.g. as mid players would only scrim open teams)

PenDraGon

pivdiv
Hpiv

Love you bro

NeuTronas

Team

I know a bug exists that skips some logs due to some deleted logs in between of the matches :(.
I’ll try to investigate the bug this week, so elo might show for real some incomplete statistics for sure.

NeuTronas

Team

Looks like I fixed that bug and missing matches were added.
If you’ve played a match (you have logs) and it does not add up to your wins/losses count after 30 minutes when the match was played, please add me and provide the log url, I would need to investigate more.

jimmij

SMEGGIES.

did the website die?

NeuTronas

Team

Quoted from jimmij

did the website die?

Website sometimes goes down, especially in the evenings. I can’t trace what forces it to crash – too many matches played or too many visitors at once. It should be back up.

NeuTronas

Team

Added an ability to easily review matches that have been added to the calculation. Simply just click on the team you want to check and click “Matches”.

is it normal that the link just doesn’t work for me? I’ve been trying it several days in a row on phone and pc

NeuTronas

Team

Quoted from Wylen

is it normal that the link just doesn’t work for me? I’ve been trying it several days in a row on phone and pc

The web goes down from time to time. I can’t track the record when that happens. I have a suspect in my code where it could loop endlessly causing the crash. I reload it from time to time, so it shall work now.

calle cool

800dpm
STACK

https://i.imgur.com/81dZjIG.png

why do i get this?? i NEED to know my team elo

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »