Highlander Season 17 Division 1 Stats Roundup

Created 19th December 2018 @ 00:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Samus

Op4
Dr. med.

Quoted from Harry

[…]
Extrapolating, if you seriously want to tell me that LionKing is better the Demos, then go ahead.

How dare you insult THE KING!
This post/rating sucks quite a lot tbh but thanks for the spreadsheet.
You can’t rate players based on their stats alone when taking the whole season into account, especially when some teams didn’t even have their mains on the classes on all match days. Mercs, subs, class changes mid season are going to affect the performance of the team, which can also affect how a single player performs. Plus maps matter too but the others already elaborated on that.
You actually need to look at the single matches to see what actual plays happened and how they affected the outcome of the match, but that takes more effort than just looking at numbers. Rating players just on stats alone is a waste of time if it’s so inconsistent in my opinion.

Last edited by Samus,

AustinN

G
GRAHAM

Quoted from proky

I am also upset with this post. Austin sucks and is getting carried, get his arse out the medic spot and give it to BuckNUMBERS for he is the best and always will be.

If only Cronk (the most experienced siege player with one professional scrim under his belt) would carry me in siege as well and not get me banned feelsbadman

EDIT Spanns calm down lmao, stats are cool and everything but this is just supposed to be a fun sorta roundup thing the way your talking it sounds like life or death to you. Div1 was a mess for the stat side this season with everyone playing different amounts of games, constant roster changes across several teams and mercs left, right and center. Everyone who reads this thread gets your salty that your name didn’t make the cut for a random thread on the internet

Last edited by AustinN,

adje

imagine caring this much about a couple of numbers on a google spreadsheet

Spanns

:3
DBLE

just throwing out my opinion on how biased this is towards players who played the least games using my own scenario as an example, but I come off as salty apparently, not my intention

sun

since when did stats matter this much

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from Harry

Austin – In my premiership roundup, I forgot about a stat I care about somewhat – ubers per minute [includes non-medi-gun charges]. Spreijer got the most though, so it doesn't matter. However, it might have mattered here. No medic had stand out best stats across the board. Austin has the best healing, but drops over 8%. BC drops the least with good healing, but dies quite a bit. Buck dies the least, but has very few uber charges, and has poor healing. I decided to go with Austin, because the large healing amount, is very valuable, and his higher drop rate can be explained by nearly 40% kritz usage. However, in everyone's hearts, Buck has the best statistic of all. Buck is the only medic to confirm a frag on an enemy medic. Even better, he did it twice. Shoutout to Buck.

The spreadsheet is nice, and I do agree with most classes. But especially for medic it doesn’t make any sense. You go with Austin because his healing, but BC only got 28 hpm less, much better drop% stat (just because you use kritz you can’t use that as an excuse to drop more: http://logs.tf/2165448), better assists per minute . And you said BC dies quite a bit, but he only got 0.04 D/M more than Austin. On top of that, it’s much more difficult to get good stats on worse teams than on one of the best teams.

sun

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

The spreadsheet is nice, and I do agree with most classes. But especially for medic it doesn’t make any sense. You go with Austin because his healing, but BC only got 28 hpm less, much better drop% stat (just because you use kritz you can’t use that as an excuse to drop more: http://logs.tf/2165448), better assists per minute . And you said BC dies quite a bit, but he only got 0.04 D/M more than Austin. On top of that, it’s much more difficult to get good stats on worse teams than on one of the best teams.

it’s called tactical dying/dropping (it works)

AustinN

G
GRAHAM

Adding on from what TimTum, healing on logs does not include crossbow heals, therefore other medics may have done more hpm than myself but it will not be showed within the logs. The higher heals show two things:

– Either my team takes less dmg and does not need constant arrows therefore an increase usage of the medi gun beam
– I cant aim on 3cm/360 so I dont arrow

The only reason we have more ubers is down to the fact that Demos likes heals, his stats show he has the raw skills and ability to control the majority of the map and this increased with the health number being above 200 at anytime. His stats reflect his heals and gets our team the results we have. With Zykaz and Demos on the roles they are on we use any advantage we have at anytime therefore being able to build more ubers. Medics stats will reflect a lot on how the team plays and just by looking at our pure results or playing against us we will show a much more aggressive play style than the majority of teams in Div1.

Divi dies a lot less than basically anyone on our team dude to his positioning, he plays a passive role due to Demos requiring constant beam and thats just how our team has decided to play; also with him being mute it wouldn’t be ideal to have him so upfront so therefore he can do the boring stuff like spy checking, allowing Strno to be more aggressive with Demos

If BC had played more than 2 games and kept the rate at which he was playing up then he would have been put on this meaningless thread, I guess thats the reasoning behind it maybe?

TBH I dont deserve whatever u can call this, the team has had a good season and has been much fun to play with even through all the roster changes we have seen. Demos has shown even in his final season in TF2 that he can still slam and Nutri our cheater is still yet to get banned but until he does he will continue to carry us.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyLuckyPidgeonSmoocherZ

Last edited by AustinN,

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Spanns

Just saying that you are treating as if they would obviously outperform everyone else even if they played the full season because coincidentally the games they did play they actually did well, therefore they will do the exact same performance on the other maps when this isn’t always the case, certain maps are worse or better for certain classes and you also have to take inconsistency into the account aswell, you could be the best on koth but at the same time the worst on payload or just generally get bad luck and play a bad game out of the blue, this happens to anyone.

The more games you play the more stuck your stats per minute or KD get, the more likely you are to make mistakes, say you get like a 2.0 KD on two officials and then hit a 0.5 on the other two, totaling an average 1.25 KD, now imagine another scenario, instead of playing the 4 officials and getting 1.25 KD, you literally only play the ones you get 2.0 KD, it paints a completely different story, you are just ignoring that and assuming “oh he played 2-3 games and did well, therefore he is better than someone who actually took the time to play this gamemode and had to keep consistency over a wide variety of maps.

It’s honestly hard to not find this insulting especially when it comes from the perspective of someone who doesn’t even know what happened in any of the officials, it completely defeats the purpose of this thread since it spreads out false observations about players and discarting people who actually played.

First point you have to both realise and accept is that this is an opinion piece. This means I am giving my opinions. I am not, and I even paraphrase this, claiming this to be anywhere near perfect.

Second thing you have to understand is that division 1 was/is a shitstorm this season, as Austin has pointed out. I would never be able to make everyone happy with my cut-off point, so I chose the one which I thought would be best, and enable me to write the most entertaining piece. This piece is for fun, so please do not take it even half as seriously as you seem to be taking it.

Thirdly, the number of games required to be considered for an award, for Premiership of course, is three. Therefore, the maximum I will ever go is three. I chose two here because [insert waffle I have said multiple times]. Furthermore, I am well aware of how the stats can be deceiving, and the fact I am effectively rosterriding (though official subbing) [“All this rosterriding has made me ill” etc.], but you haven’t played two-thirds of the matches either. If you think it’s insulting that I think that croix would have played well against Dr Med, and fine against you (pl.), then so be it.

Finally, don’t assume what my intentions of this thread are and were. I wrote this as a fun piece of writing, aiming to get people to have a bit of a chuckle, while also making sure my spreadsheet didn’t go to waste. It was, and never could be, not written to be as accurate as possible.

I stole your bees.

(honey daddy)
MWA

when u dodge half the season and still have the most soldier kills 8))

imo cykaz should get top spot for scout, but hey, this is all just a bit of fun anyway.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Samus

[…]
How dare you insult THE KING!
This post/rating sucks quite a lot tbh but thanks for the spreadsheet.
You can’t rate players based on their stats alone when taking the whole season into account, especially when some teams didn’t even have their mains on the classes on all match days. Mercs, subs, class changes mid season are going to affect the performance of the team, which can also affect how a single player performs. Plus maps matter too but the others already elaborated on that.
You actually need to look at the single matches to see what actual plays happened and how they affected the outcome of the match, but that takes more effort than just looking at numbers. Rating players just on stats alone is a waste of time if it’s so inconsistent in my opinion.

I’m not watching every STV demo 18* times to make sure I get my opinions correct. That has to be painfully obvious. Hence, I’m of course basing my opinions of the stats. One thing that people seem to have not taken into account is the fact I have spent around 7 hours (?) looking at the logs while filling out the spreadsheet. I am more than qualified to say which teams sucked and when. I’ve also watched around 7 or 8 of the matches through players’ twitch streams, but that’s a side point.

It’s less rating players, and more saying who I think player the best to the best of my knowledge in a (hopefully) mildly funny way.

Anyway, no problem for the spreadsheet. Happy to do it next season.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from adje

imagine caring this much about a couple of numbers on a google spreadsheet

This man gets it.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

28 hpm is significant in my opinion. That’s 2.5% more efficient. You are essentially gaining over a second’s worth of healing every minute. Austin dies less, and heals more, and so gets more charges (he also used more kritz, but doing a 2 second head estimation-calculation still gives more charges than BC). I don’t care about ass/min. It’s also difficult to get good stats on medic when (you and) your entire team is meme-ing for half the season.

The drops in that log I didn’t take into account because I was just looking at the overall. I’m ill so I’m doing the least work possible. Helps towards disproving my theory for the drop rate, but I’m not changing my post. Post is for fun etc. etc.

Also, what Austin says. But just explaining my thought-process/opinions from above. No hostility implied (wrong word but ill and cba).

Last edited by Harry,

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from I stole your bees.

when u dodge half the season and still have the most soldier kills 8))

imo cykaz should get top spot for scout, but hey, this is all just a bit of fun anyway.

Both ZYKAZ and croix have their merits and demerits. ZYKAZ is the better player but lol shortstop. Idk. Bored of this conversation, but glad someone understands it’s for fun :D
GL in semis

where is my honorable mention as best demo in mid??

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »