Forum

Highlander Season 17 Division 1 Stats Roundup

Created 19th December 2018 @ 00:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Hello, once again! Similar to my previous Premiership Roundup, I am doing one for the main season for division 1. Again, I am only interested in stats/minute – even if I don’t mention the “per minute”, I mean it. One thing to note here, compared to the prem one: the minimum number of games played needed to be considered is 2. This is due to the number of roster shuffles and all that. Now that the waffle is over, let’s get into the bit everyone skips!

Spreadsheet

My picks for best in their class, going from scout through to spy are:

croix – With the second most kills per minute in the division, and best k/d of the scouts, croix gets the title of my pick for best scout of the main season. As a bonus, he also deals the most damage. ZYKAZ comes second. Maybe this would be different if he didn’t use the shortstop.

Bees – Bees gets the title of best main season soldier. With the most kills and damage per minute, and most med picks, he’s the clear choice. If Kosuke had played another game, it would likely be he getting this spot, but he didn’t, so he isn’t.

sy S – With the most spy kills, fewest deaths, and second most kills of the pyros, sy S is another clear pick for best in class. Three classes in, and no appearance from the league leaders hlpugs.

Demos – But not for much longer! Storming in with a huge 2.70 k/d, 1.24 kpm and 518 dpm, Demos is the very easy pick for best demo of the season. Dying the least, and getting the most kills and damage – nothing can contest. fluo isn’t all that far behind, though. Prize for the most confusing name, as well [edit: for Demos, of course.]

Divi – Another appearance from hlpugs, divi is another easy pick for best in class (this is a lot easier than the prem one). Most kills, assists, fewest deaths, best k/d (in the division, in fact), least damage taken. Easy pick. Fun fact – he dies less than his medic (shame on you, Austin. jk pls no kick, ly <3).

sun – With the most kills and assists per minute, and a respectable death rate, sun is my pick for best engie of the season. He also has most damage, but Clark told me off for prioritising damage on engie in my prem roundup, so forget I said that.

Austin – In my premiership roundup, I forgot about a stat I care about somewhat – ubers per minute [includes non-medi-gun charges]. Spreijer got the most though, so it doesn't matter. However, it might have mattered here. No medic had stand out best stats across the board. Austin has the best healing, but drops over 8%. BC drops the least with good healing, but dies quite a bit. Buck dies the least, but has very few uber charges, and has poor healing. I decided to go with Austin, because the large healing amount, is very valuable, and his higher drop rate can be explained by nearly 40% kritz usage. However, in everyone's hearts, Buck has the best statistic of all. Buck is the only medic to confirm a frag on an enemy medic. Even better, he did it twice. Shoutout to Buck.

NuTRiCuLa – Most kills in the division, most med kills in the division, out damaging 4 demomen. Easiest pick of them all. Also the best k/d. Even though this is short, it took the longest to type, thanks to these bloody capitals.

Nebula – This one comes close, though. Again, most kills and med picks (and damage, but lol backstabs), and k/d for what it's worth.

Mr British – With 11/11 after week 4, Mr British I was on track for a perfect season coming into week 5. Starting off strong with a 12th on 12th December, it was looking good. However, the 13th and 14th were stolen, and so the perfect season evades me. I shall have to aim for 15/15 combined logs next season instead. I also did stats, so I think I deserve a medal. Preferably a Genuine ETF2L Highlander Division 1 Gold Medal.

As you may be able to tell, I put a lot less effort into this post than the other. All this rosterriding has made me ill; give me a break. Anyway, thank you for reading, and to conclude:
Scout – croix
Soldier – Bees
Pyro – sy S
Demo – Demos
Heavy – Divi
Engineer – sun
Medic – Austin
Sniper – NuTRiCuLa
Spy – Nebula
Me – Me

Last edited by Harry,

AustinN

G
GRAHAM

“ZYKAZ comes second. Maybe this would be different if he didn’t use the shortstop.”

Love it

Spanns

:3
DBLE

Honestly giving best X of the season in div1 due to one single trait where they’ve actually performed well isn’t at all a realistic way of seeing how the season played out. It should be taken into account the general things everyone has done and who has done the absolute best in their respective classes while also pointing out those who managed to get far despite following a different playstyle (like players who frag hard or go for more risky plays but die alot VS players who do alot of damage but live alot more)

It feels like there’s ALOT of stuff being missed out and outright ignored, like for example the Scouts, nothing against croix, he IS a good player but awarding someone as “The Best at this class” who only played 2 games isn’t fair at all, anyone could’ve just played a really good game and then not play the rest of the season so it does not affect their KPM.

don’t want to be that guy but feeling a tiny bit unappreciated

ZYKAZ

IKEA

TBH the shortstop is nutz if u have a passive playstyle, but yeha its nowhere close to be good on close quater maps and imo it seems like a viable choise on koth cuz of the huge amount of damage you can do without overextending but yeha in most situations the Scattergun is Superior

ZYKAZ

IKEA

Quoted from Spanns

Honestly giving best X of the season in div1 due to one single trait where they’ve actually performed well isn’t at all a realistic way of seeing how the season played out. It should be taken into account the general things everyone has done and who has done the absolute best in their respective classes while also pointing out those who managed to get far despite following a different playstyle (like players who frag hard or go for more risky plays but die alot VS players who do alot of damage but live alot more)

It feels like there’s ALOT of stuff being missed out and outright ignored, like for example the Scouts, nothing against croix, he IS a good player but awarding someone as “The Best at this class” who only played 2 games isn’t fair at all, anyone could’ve just played a really good game and then not play the rest of the season so it does not affect their KPM.

if u according to the Kills per Min Frane should of won cuz he has a 1.28 and croinx 1.27

but yeha u cant really say someone is better than the other cuz every team has some certain different player and they have a different impact but i appreciate the spreadsheet

Last edited by ZYKAZ,

Spanns

DBLE

Quoted from ZYKAZ

[…]

if u according to the Kills per Min Frane should of won cuz he has a 1.28 and croinx 1.27

but yeha u cant really say someone is better than the other cuz every team has some certain different player and they have a different impact but i appreciate the spreadsheet

not only that but certain classes are bound to perform very well or very bad depending on the map, for example payload is a nightmare for scouts but koth/5cp is a godsend, imagine comparing KPM between two equally good scouts who have the same ammount of time but one of them played koth and the other one payload, it’s unrealistic.

I’m glad someone took the time to make the spreadsheet and the whole study but just leaving it out there that focusing on stats per minute is a biased and flawed way of comparing players.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Spanns

Gonna reply to both your comments here. If I sound harsh or whatever, it’s cos I’m ill, and it’s easier and less effort to be straight to the point etc. Please don’t be put off of giving feedback/criticism, as it is always welcome.

—-Post 1—-

I understand your point of view, but I’m also just giving my opinions – I’m certainly not suggesting my post is to be taken as gospel (of course apart from the fact I am the best rosterrider – there’s no contest there).

Because I didn’t play, and haven’t watched every player’s PoV from every official, I cannot tell who’s the best for sure. I’m just going from the stats I have gathered. Because of this, I have to somehow prioritise some things over some others. I chose 2 games for div 1 because I felt like it. Roster shuffles and things, and to me it seems like croix was impactful enough. I can see why 3+ is a better cut-off though. Because I am a spy main (who has dabbled in medic), I’m also certainly not going to be right in all cases. Scouts will know who’s the better scout etc.

If it were 3 games, ZYKAZ would have been my pick, even over you. More kills, more damage, more assists, fewer deaths. See above before being offended.

—-Post 2—-

I am aware classes have better maps than other, but some people disliked bringing it into account in the prem one, so either way will have people upset. The reason I didn’t do it here is because I couldn’t be arsed.

Of course looking at pure stats is flawed, but it’s all I have. I’m glad you appreciate the spreadsheet and the post though.

Anyway, sorry if I came across aggressive, but as explained above, ill etc. blah blah. Again, glad the spreadsheet is appreciated, and feedback/criticism is welcome.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from ZYKAZ

[…]

Again with the harsh thing blah blah, I’m ill, blah blah. TBH, a lot of my comment is similar to my reply to mine to Spanns.

Didn’t consider Frane cos only 1 game. 2 was the cut-off. Could have made it 3, read above for more details. Again, these are my only my opinions so don’t take it as gospel, especially seeing as I am only taking stats into account. It’s clearly flawed, but it’s the best I can do.

Glad you appreciate the spreadsheet though. If there is any other feedback, feel free to give it.

Spanns

DBLE

But being the 2nd highest top fragger in the entire div and being the #1 in terms of raw frags and medic picks (by a large margin) as a scout isn’t even worth mentioning.

There’s a few errors with the thread, namely some of the claims about the picked players’ performance is flawed such as: sy S didn’t get 2nd most overall kills, I did, you have it written in the overall frags tab; Lucian got the most kills in the entire div with 198 (this ignoring the game he merced), NuTRiCuLa got 166.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Spanns

But being the 2nd highest top fragger in the entire div and being the #1 in terms of raw frags and medic picks (by a large margin) as a scout isn’t even worth mentioning.

There’s a few errors with the thread, namely some of the claims about the picked players’ performance is flawed such as: sy S didn’t get 2nd most overall kills, I did, you have it written in the overall frags tab; Lucian got the most kills in the entire div with 198 (this ignoring the game he merced), NuTRiCuLa got 166.

“Again, I am only interested in stats/minute – even if I don’t mention the “per minute””.
Hope that clears things up. The sy S is me meaning within pyros, but not wording it correctly, so it sounds like I meant throughout the whole div. Reworded.

To clarify, I don’t care about raw stats because people play for vastly different amounts of time. If one is going to look at stats, only the stats/minute are worthwhile. So, no, I don’t care about your raw frags being the second highest in the division.

Last edited by Harry,

Spanns

DBLE

sorry but I’m still just going to consider this dumb, if to be deemed “the best at this class” in your eyes implies I have to play less than half the games or bait my team altogether to preserve my sweet sweet K/D then I don’t think anyone can consider this plausible.

I mean, how can someone who played half or not even half the season be more impactful than people who played the most or the whole season from start to finish?

Last edited by Spanns,

proky

G
9GUYS

I am also upset with this post. Austin sucks and is getting carried, get his arse out the medic spot and give it to BuckNUMBERS for he is the best and always will be.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Spanns

sorry but I’m still just going to consider this dumb, if to be deemed “the best at this class” in your eyes implies I have to play less than half the games or bait my team altogether to preserve my sweet sweet K/D then I don’t think anyone can consider this plausible.

I mean, how can someone who played half or not even half the season be more impactful than people who played the most or the whole season from start to finish?

If I limit it to 5 games played, then sniper doesn’t get a best player from me, and multiple classes come down to one or two players, many of whom obviously aren’t the best players for their classes. If I limit it to 4 games played, then you still don’t get my vote because ZYKAZ wins it. Extrapolating, if you seriously want to tell me that LionKing is better the Demos, then go ahead.

I decided to limit it at 2 rather than 3, because I feel the newer (main) players of VR have had a large impact on the strength of the team. Limiting it to 3 only changes my scout pick anyway. Having low deaths doesn’t necessarily mean you bait your team, anyway.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from proky

I am also upset with this post. Austin sucks and is getting carried, get his arse out the medic spot and give it to BuckNUMBERS for he is the best and always will be.

Can’t tell if serious or not because Asperger’s.

Spanns

DBLE

Just saying that you are treating as if they would obviously outperform everyone else even if they played the full season because coincidentally the games they did play they actually did well, therefore they will do the exact same performance on the other maps when this isn’t always the case, certain maps are worse or better for certain classes and you also have to take inconsistency into the account aswell, you could be the best on koth but at the same time the worst on payload or just generally get bad luck and play a bad game out of the blue, this happens to anyone.

The more games you play the more stuck your stats per minute or KD get, the more likely you are to make mistakes, say you get like a 2.0 KD on two officials and then hit a 0.5 on the other two, totaling an average 1.25 KD, now imagine another scenario, instead of playing the 4 officials and getting 1.25 KD, you literally only play the ones you get 2.0 KD, it paints a completely different story, you are just ignoring that and assuming “oh he played 2-3 games and did well, therefore he is better than someone who actually took the time to play this gamemode and had to keep consistency over a wide variety of maps.

It’s honestly hard to not find this insulting especially when it comes from the perspective of someone who doesn’t even know what happened in any of the officials, it completely defeats the purpose of this thread since it spreads out false observations about players and discarting people who actually played.

Last edited by Spanns,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »