Forum

Highlander Season 17 Premiership Stats Roundup

Created 14th December 2018 @ 03:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Note: When I mention a stat, I am implying the “per minute” if not explicitly said. You must have played a minimum of 3 games to be considered. In some cases, particular maps are also considered. There is a TL;DR at the bottom.

Spreadsheet

My picks for best in their class, going from scout through to spy are:

WildPiggie – Pigge has the best stats by a considerable margain. Best kills, damage, deaths, and K(A)/D. Credu is a fairly close second, but no one else comes anywhere near.

nubbi – nubbi best be glad the age of consent Hungary is 14 because he pounds people. Hard. The stats speak for themselves. One thing to highlight in particular is the fact nubbi claimed lives at the fastest rate in the whole division. A lot of them were medics. 10.7% to be precise (to 3 decimal places, anyway).

yahoo – For me, the choice of pyro came down to between Vclox and yahoo. In the end, I chose yahoo. Vclox’s bonkers 0.116 med picks per minute is hard to turn down, but yahoo’s kills and damage trump Vclox in the end.

JoeN – Taking the second fewest heals, and getting the most kills and damage, JoeN is the clear pick for me. As a bonus, he gets the most med frags, too.

pozker – Although it’s Aleskee with the most golds out of the heavies, a lot of them come from stats not taking time into account. It’s a close call between pozker, Sandburn, and Aleskee, but I have gone with pozker in the end. Aleskee has solid overall stats and the fewer deaths, and Sandburn has the best damage. However, I think the pure consistently good stats and best kills from pozker edge him ahead of the others. Any of these heavies are a valid choice though.

Rambosaur – This was a tough one. Clark has the slightly better kills and deaths, but Rambosaur has top damage. In the end my choice cae down to the med picks. With Rambosaur killing meds at nearly twice the rate of Clark, it is he who gets the prize. Yes, he – not him. “To be” is a copula.

Spreijer – Perhaps the most boring of all classest to have stats analysed, medic is up next. I am only interested in three things: deaths per minute, percentage of ubers dropped, and heals per minute (I would also be interested in players dropped in uber, but sadly no stat for that). Spreijer dropped zero ubers this season with a very low death rate, and a good heal rate. I’m call him this season’s best and moving on.

CazaroC – No one else really compares to the kills and damage fnzkie and CazaroC put out. Although fnzkie has best kills and damage, it is exteremly margainal when compare to CazaroC. However, CazaroC improve on fnzkie’s medic and sniper kills by around 20%. So, best sniper goes to CazaroC.

mezzo – I know I said “The stats speak for themselves” earlier, but sometimes the devious bastards lie – especially for spy. It is true that evil has impressive stats, particularly his medic picks. However, what isn’t shown by the colourful spreadsheet of mine is that he didn’t play steel or badwater – two of the worse spy maps in the pool. Not to mention that damage per minute is very often a useless stat on spy thanks to backstabs. If you discount the steel and badwater officials, mezzo’s stats suddenly get a boost, coming as a surprise to exactly no one. Now boasting 0.946 kills per minute, a very satisfying K/D of exactly 1.0, and a respectable 0.0875 med picks per minute, I think I am justified in picking our German representative. Or maybe I just hate Americans. An honourable mention goes to Nightmare. Removing his steel game gives the best stats of all. Unfortunately, this brings him below the 3 game limit, and cannot be counted.

Vclox – After writing the spy section and seeing yahoo’s having three games I realised I might be being baited by good stats, I checked to see which games he played. As it turns out, he has played steel, a very pyro-friendly map! It removed weeks 2 and 5 and checked the pyro sheet again. Vclox jumps to 0.861 kills per minute, 211 damage per minute, and a mind-boggling 0.160 med picks for minute. I might be able to turn 0.116 down, but certainly not 0.160. I guess this was Vclox’s master plan after all. #bandetonator

Oops, I wrote a bit more than I wanted there. Anyway, to conclude:
Scout – WildPiggie
Soldier – nubbi
Pyro – Vclox
Demo – JoeN
Heavy – pozker
Engineer – Rambosaur
Medic – Spreijer
Sniper – CazaroC
Spy – mezzo

Last edited by Harry,

Nightmare

wL.

A great summary, Mr British. My biggest criticism on the past spreadsheets is that most of the games are like comparing apples to peaches. Some spies have a 2 hour game and get around 70 kills and others roll the enemy team where both spies get a max of 12 kills, basically an unfair comparison because different environments.

Also Vclox clearly banning spycicle to boost own stats so he finally gets picked as best pyro of the season

Last edited by Nightmare,

wildpiggie

A51
9GUYS

Go pigge!

sun

div 1 next?

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from sun

div 1 next?

Probably

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from wildpiggie

Pela minha pátria e pelo nosso grande senhor El-Rey conquistarei está tabela.

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from Nightmare

A great summary, Mr British. My biggest criticism on the past spreadsheets is that most of the games are like comparing apples to peaches. Some spies have a 2 hour game and get around 70 kills and others roll the enemy team where both spies get a max of 12 kills, basically an unfair comparison because different environments.

Also Vclox clearly banning spycicle to boost own stats so he finally gets picked as best pyro of the season

Thanks. I would agree about your point with rolls, but it’s the best I/we have without spending my life watching STV demos.

Funnily enough, Vclox didn’t get most spy kills per minute, it was yahoo.

AlesKee

9GUYS

Quoted from Nightmare

Thats why you should only look at the stats per minute, not as a total value, where possible.

Last edited by AlesKee,

Harry

Nah
ONCE

Quoted from AlesKee

[…]

Thats why you should only look at the stats per minute, not as a total value, where possible.

Just occurred to me that he might not have realised I did that.
@nightmare I looked at dpm/kpm etc but just said damage/kills in the write up, if you didn’t realise.

Add A Reply Pages: 1