Forum

ban detonator

Created 20th January 2018 @ 16:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

dima

I didn’t find where i can make feedback about whitelist so i decide to made a topic.
Played few games against pyro (thank you Olgha for experience) and find out that pyro fine in general apart from one thing. It is detonator.
Can’t call detonator SUPERIMBAWOWOWOW weapon, but it’s hella annoying to play against. Maybe no one run pyro whole game, but facing against this gun is so annoying and un-enjoyable
I hope that this topic will have some feedback to made something like discussion about other aids guns thats still playable.
But still, BAN DETONATOR, please :(

Morgan

[R]eason

Last edited by Morgan,

Lupus

IKEA

ban pyro

celvn

scorch shot????

Morgan

[R]eason

Quoted from celvn

scorch shot????

p sure he meant that

Olgha

Virtus.

nah detonator

hr

They’re both really bad for the game, the detonator probably being a bit worse. It’s just better spam that takes no skill with no real way to punish it.

I actually think they might be overpowered, (and I certainly think full time pyro is viable nowadays) but I’ve not played against a high level team using it so I can’t be sure.

Maybe we should talk about possible changes to the weapons.

I think if they gave the detonator a really small range before it auto exploded it might be a good fix.

As for the scorch shot, maybe the gimmick can be that extra fire thing that falls on the ground sticking around, but it no longer does anything when it hits a surface (remove splash, keep directs + the rolling flare)

int

ceL.

agreed. The detonator (scorch shot to a lesser extent) is undodgeable most of the time and deals up to 80 damage if you don’t stop the burn. So if you don’t have a medic on you, you’ll have to retreat if you get hit. Big time waster with no counter-play.

Boulon_

MONSOON

– can detonator jump
– clean the stickies
– long distance dps

OP

ketem

Quoted from Lupus

ban pyro

https://youtu.be/qigtB95r34c

+

kodeeey

tavi

The scorch shot is way worse imo, the detonator at least lets you to right click when the projectile is near an enemy to utilize its full potential while the scorch shot only adds spam to the game.

The direct damage and more importantly the after burn both weapons deal seems inappropriate to the skill it requires to effectively use them. Clearing stickies is another unnecessary feature that rewards spam over skill.

I do not think that these weapons deserve a ban due to their situational effectiveness and them not being game breaking in 6s matches, yet they need a rework.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Something is annoying = ban. (Detonator).

Something is OP = Keep cos it’s FUN! (Crossbow).

Thinking…

dima

Quoted from Hildreth

Thinking…

in my opinion crossbow require more skill then detonator
Maybe, after few seasons with perma-pyros we will adapt to it like we did to crossbow. But it’s gonna be another story

hr

Quoted from Hildreth

Thinking…

Let’s just ban all of the good classes then and we’ll play with 6 spies. What are you on about?

The goal of competitive is to promote an environment which takes skill and is fun for players and spectators alike. If a weapon or class is more powerful than the rest it’s fine so long as it’s a fun and skillful game.

I do think arrows should be changed but only because they heal a bit too much, and deal absurd amounts of damage for essentially spam arrows across the map.

wonszu

yeti

Crossbow op LOL

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »