divider

PRXSM

:)

Last edited by divider,

Axio

(League Admin)
ONCE

Sounds good, doesn’t work.
Let’s see why, so come along as we are going on an adventure.

Well, first of all, I disagree that the engineer is one of the weakest classes. A good engie can help his team greatly in holding off the enemy gamers. And this nerf is talking mostly about the defensive engineering. In my opinion, the attention should be focused on the offensive side.
Also, the straw man building in the begging is unnecesary.

Now, lets break down the nerf itself.
-It is mentioned that the sapper cool down should be be between 3 and 4 seconds. It sounds like a good solution to some of engineer’s problems, but the time is excesive. This could be a balanced option in a Highlander scenario, but in public matches, where it is quite common to see multiple engineer nests, it makes impossible to take them down if at least one of the engineers knows what movin’ that gear up is.
Even if there are only 2 engineers, it becomes impossible to perform any action, as sapping both sentries and then trying to take out one of engineers is not an option. Even if both engies somehow die(let’s suppose that they realized that they are worthless), sapping everything would take 18(best case scenario) seconds, which is more than needed to respawn and unsap atleast some buildings in most scenarios.

(Because you just upgraded everything to 3rd lvl, what takes several mins, and then spy comes and instasaps everything in several secs, it goes down, what is not fair ofc)

If you are in this situation, it neither means that you are overextending/far away from everyone else/ decided to run away and buy a beer, so it is in fact, fair.

That would take fair amount of skill from both sides – spy should try to get engie somehow, and not just instaclick on m1.

Skill required from the Spy: Make sure no one is watching, fool the engie, kill him,(all of this while being shot and burned by everyone), sap the building, often suicide while shooting at it so it goes down faster.
Skill required from the Engineer: Turn around every few seconds, slap the spy in the face with a wrench, yell at teammates for help.
Equal skill guys

That’s my opinion, share yours if you disagree. Insults and name called is not preferable.
PS Sorry for any grammatical mistakes

Last edited by Axio,

BlueBunny

A cooldown for a sapper is a reasonable thing in my book. The sapper, although not a weapon, and only used against one other class, is still a strong tool.
Spy is the only class that can disable the Engineer (sentries, dispensers and teleporters) this way, making viable pushes possible.
The sapper spam is the Engineers biggest problem, especially if he is alone – giving the Spy a little cooldown for the sapper and be it just 3 seconds. It would also force the Spy to think about what is more important to sap, if he finds a sentry nest with multiple buildings.

adje

lol

divider

PRXSM

Last edited by divider,

Clark

SDCK!

Engie is not one of the weakest classes whatsoever, but the change you’re suggesting will buff him quite significantly.

beponeko

Quoted from BlueBunny

the only class that can disable the Engineer (sentries, dispensers and teleporters)

Don’t forget the cow mangler! moo

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Some wisdom hammock gave me:

As soon as your gun is sapped, hit your gun once, then turn and hit the spy, if he takes his sapper out to try to reapply it, kill the spy, if he takes his gun out to try to kill you instead, remove the sapper, and your gun will kill him.

divider

PRXSM

Last edited by divider,

Villdjack

(twisted)
:think:
Nein

As a sapper spy i think we should nerf the ambassador instead, its the only viable option…

sasami

ERCAPITANO
VR

Quoted from adje

lol

Vetleaks

Vaccinator

Imagine the spy on offense in a map like dustbowl who’s trying to win the game pushing in on the last point with 5 engies on the defensive team. The spy will need to wait every 3-4 secounds before beeing able to sapp another sentry after he has sapped the first one. Which will be unsapped by 1-5 of the engies on the defensive team before the spy can use his sapper again if he isnt dead already (Seen in the perspective of pubs )

divider

PRXSM

Last edited by divider,

John Cena

Nah

Quoted from adje

lol

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

This isnt a good idea on serveral points imo. The sapper on its own isnt overpowered to begin with. If a spy is camping your spawn to repetitively kill your teleport then he’s one less aspect your combo has to worry about as he is wasting a lot of his time. If your tele has a high value like it does on certain maps/points then you should be putting more of your attention towards it rather then going agro as soon as you place one down.

The only couple of points where its value are generally really large are when defending certain points. First points on Upward/Badwater/Borneo as example and pushing badwater 3rd.

The only potential change that would be reasonable to the sapper is to remove the increased damage it gives to buildings. But that would nerf some of the linked coordination plays for teams so I dont find this necessary.

If you nerf the sapper you’ll instantly be nerfing one of the key aspects of spy which is way less of an issue then the full Sniping spy you can play with DR + Amby combo. Valve’s proposed change seems nice though.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »