Forum

VAC Ban mistake?

Created 10th August 2016 @ 13:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

We should get the default win vs Ukraine as abra was playing in that game and a vac ban means a 1 year ban and all games played in defaulted.

Scotland should finally make it out of the group stages.

Abra

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

We should get the default win vs Ukraine as abra was playing in that game and a vac ban means a 1 year ban and all games played in defaulted.

Scotland should finally make it out of the group stages.

I actually totally agreed with you,but i got my vac after the game,so I think its not historycal moment for scotland national team ))))

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Abra

[…]
I actually totally agreed with you,but i got my vac after the game,so I think its not historycal moment for scotland national team ))))

You got your ban after the game because it takes time for valve to vac ban people.

It’s not like you shitters will beat sweden anyway especially without your cheater doing all the work for you so why not let scotland free from the group stages for once.

Quoted from Abra

[…]

VAC bans are delayed. For private cheats it can take weeks from the detection until you get banned.

As for IP bans, they only started doing that a year or two ago, I suspect to try and clean up CSGO more. It’s suspected that family sharing is connected, and having the same hardware ids to prove steam accounts have been created by the same PC etc. Generally though Valve has been horrible at this and the most obvious of alts are untouched.

We don’t default matches for VACs btw, only for cheaters caught by AC staff. This has always been the case. It’s not optimal and there’s been cases where the individuals have been playing for an entire season, but after a VAC the user will be banned for a year already and it can be a waste of resources to us to go through material for an already banned user.

neon

:think:

sheepy desperate af lol

hr

Quoted from Lazybear

We don’t default matches for VACs btw, only for cheaters caught by AC staff. This has always been the case. It’s not optimal and there’s been cases where the individuals have been playing for an entire season, but after a VAC the user will be banned for a year already and it can be a waste of resources to us to go through material for an already banned user.

I don’t think it’s a waste of resources. You must watch a lot of demos of people that end up being deemed innocent so there is a much higher chance having cheated in a match from someone with a VAC ban and results are as important as getting the cheater banned.

I’d also argue that you might just want to default matches from the last season for people that have a VAC ban affecting TF2 as you default matches if you catch them just cheating in a pub don’t you?

Quoted from hr

[…]
I don’t think it’s a waste of resources. You must watch a lot of demos of people that end up being deemed innocent so there is a much higher chance having cheated in a match from someone with a VAC ban and results are as important as getting the cheater banned.

I’d also argue that you might just want to default matches from the last season for people that have a VAC ban affecting TF2 as you default matches if you catch them just cheating in a pub don’t you?

Fair points. Main argument with not defaulting for VACs is that getting banned from CS:Source, L4d2, HL2:DM, DoD will also give you a tf2 VAC ban, and Valve adamantly doesn’t want to disclose publicly what game users are banned for.

Last edited by Solid,

Abra

Quoted from Lazybear

[…]

Fair points. Main argument with not defaulting for VACs is that getting banned from CS:Source, L4d2, HL2:DM, DoD will also give you a tf2 VAC ban, and Valve adamantly doesn’t want to disclose publicly what game users are banned for.

i got my povs from game vs scootland,no ez life for sheepy :p

Sheepy why so rude? We have 3 prem players,inactive,but anyway/Its not like you shitters had some chances vs us…

shoras

Nice try sheepy.

ondkaja

IKEA

I was looking forward to the game :(

Hat

justice has been served

Abra

Quoted from Hat

justice has been served

I thought we are buddies , friend…..

Abra

I actually figured out what happened in my case…
https://www.google.com/?query=far+cry+extreme+injektor&gws_rd=cr&ei=k4KsV4-rL4PL6ATBnJeYDg#q=far+cry+extreme+injector

Trying to contact Steam Vac team but my hopes are small))

This app was blocking dota 2 game search,so I played like this for a few monthes just fine.But when I recently started playing tf2 again,game did connect to any secured servers,but you getting ban..

Last edited by Abra,

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from ondkaja

I was looking forward to the game :(

You could have played us played us which would have been fair but muh rules dictate a boring default win

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »