Forum

Naming Kritzkrieg "Medi Gun"

Created 2nd July 2016 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

prsn

Is this allowed because I saw e.g Shade with a Kritzkrieg called “Medi Gun” and afaik to trick Spies in thinking that they run normal Medi Gun when they disguise as Medic or get healed by them.

Fuxx

REMOVE

yes

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

It is allowed.

Enabling the 3D model shows the actual medigun the medics are using when a spy disguises as a medic anyways, so the name of the medigun can barely trick any team that would make a note like that.

prsn

ahh okay thanks you two. but its still worth a shot right? ^^

Just1s

☁GGG☁

Quoted from prsn

ahh okay thanks you two. but its still worth a shot right? ^^

Since it looks like you’re in open then maybe, your choice.

hr

Quoted from Just1s

[…]
Since it looks like you’re in open then maybe, your choice.

What has being in open got to do with it?

I bet there are plenty of people in higher divs that check with spy and do so without 3D models on seen as most people aren’t going to go to this length to hide their gun and because of the fact that 3D models take FPS and are distracting.

I am never the one to check stuff with spy but I don’t use 3D models for these reasons.

Also I find people in lower divs tend to place more focus on stuff that is not that relevant such as this so the idea that more of them would fall for it could be incorrect.

One thing I would mention also is that you can see if the gun is renamed right? So what I’ve done is just to rename both the medigun and the kritz to the same thing otherwise they will know the gun is renamed and might assume you are trying to trick them.

Last edited by hr,

Manky

yes
but it can hurt ur teammates

Last edited by Manky,

kuli

(EF2TL Doatnor)
BMS

Quoted from Manky

This.

As a combo player I really dislike medics renaming their medi guns in general. You can lose track of what medi gun is in use when things get messy. I don’t want to waste any time on remembering what stupid name my medic gave which of his medi guns.

prsn

Quoted from kuli

[…]

This.

As a combo player I really dislike medics renaming their medi guns in general. You can lose track of what medi gun is in use when things get messy. I don’t want to waste any time on remembering what stupid name my medic gave which of his medi guns.

well no offence but if youre in mumble with your team you just say that you switch to kritz and if youre switching back its not that hard. in addition to that i have chat binds for loadout switching

Popcorp

cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 1 in Spy config
cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 0 in all other classes

In case you don’t like 3D Model but want to have it just for the spy

shoras

Quoted from Manky

yes

Your medi gun renames are a complete mess tbh.

Foz

(ETF2L Donator)
-Xe-

I’m gonna say that i once thought we had uber when our medics kritzkrieg was renamed “medi gun” so i got ready to jump in thinking i would be invulnerable.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Happened to all of us

Hot

Thats one of the oldest trick in the book.
Personnal tips : all mine have the same name

Just1s

☁GGG☁

Quoted from hr

[…]
What has being in open got to do with it?

Well I would expect players from highier tiers to have enough brains to use 3d models at least for checking mediguns, but I guess I expect too much :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »