Forum

Competitive Weapon Balance

Created 25th September 2015 @ 12:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Spriggan

Why doesn’t Valve still add option to change attributes as you wish for weapon balance in tournament mode?
Because on 6s many weapons are banned due uselessness and disbalance.
Attributes can be easy change in items_game.txt
It will works only on dedicated servers.
And Client will download server’s item schema.
And if Valve will nerfed/buffed some weapon in future updates, it won’t cause on competitive.
Dicksass

Popcorp

Because that’s retarded and it just separates Competitive even more from a Pub, which will result in less people willing to join comp. scene.

Plus no one is going to bother using most of the banned unlocks anyway, when some good unlocks get unbanned, people use them for a week or two and then they forget about them completely, that’s what happened when people (me included) complained about the Direct Hit, claiming that it is op and destroys 6v6, but then people got used to it and learned how to counter it, resulting in it being barely used now.

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

Ok

Can’t imagine how confusing it would be to have different schemas on different servers that changes weapon stats. Every private scrim server probably would troll some of the stats too.

Last edited by Lazybear,

NeuTronas

VALVe said: “We’re also working on things like competitive matchmaking, perf, balance improvements”
So, they are working on balance. It’s fine

matchmaking isn’t inherent to competitive balance.

until there is any actual word from Valve I’d keep my distance and treat it as another form of MVM.

AB

you mean besides the Fully Charged stream where they clearly stated that Valve wants to use matchmaking data to balance their weapons?

The same group of guys that said matchmaking would be implemented in 3 months. Seeing is believing.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from kKaltUu

The same group of guys that said matchmaking would be implemented in 3 months. Seeing is believing.

lol when did they say that?

Meeto

Quoted from kKaltUu

#asspulls

Add A Reply Pages: 1