Forum

What TF2 Pros See in Overwatch - RedBull Article

Created 7th September 2015 @ 02:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Clark

SDCK!

Google alert popped out today giving me a link to an interesting article with interviews from our colleagues across the sea.

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331745536232/what-tf2-pros-see-in-overwatch

Dennia

FAINT

Bandwagon hype

Roks

#FreePat

I would never compare Overwatch to TF2. There are SKILLS and ULTIMATES in Overwatch. Its like Dota in FPS. In TF2 we depend on our ability to aim and exploit the physics engine. The only SKILL in TF2 I can think of is using Ubercharge and thats it.

edit
oh, engineers can build stuff and pyros can reflect. I guess there’s that. Also soldiers can use conch and many more special ability Secondary weapons.

OH GOD. TF2 is Overwatch in disguise!

Last edited by Roks,

quintosh

wL.

dirty bomb is more comparable i think

doks

Guys Brink will replace TF2.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

they say, its kinda similar because it has control points and classes with different abilities, thats it basicially.
it is a complete different game though, but it is true that quite a few players of tf2 looking forward for overwatch, especially cause it will probably have a much bigger competitive scene, than tf2 ever had and probably ever will have, even with match making coming out.
tf2 will never reach a level such as csgo for example, while overwatch could become very huge, if blizzard wont mess up the game, cause they do care about overwatch and its competitive scene, not as valve with tf2… and they do have enough money to support it properly, and they dont have another fps game yet.
so i am looking forward for overwatch…
even if i55 was really nice and tf2 will grow with matchmaking and stream list and everything… but i am expecting overwatch to have many more viewers +much bigger prizepools in tournaments and everything

all Aboared the Hypetrain !!! =DDD :) :P (kappadinki) >.<

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from doks

Guys Brink will replace TF2.

the thing is that when a studio like blizzard releases a game the amount of money they can pump into tournaments and production becomes incomparable to that of a developer like splash damage

just look at HotS and hearthstone those are the most casual games ever and they get such huge recognition

biskuu

HF!
pizza

I don’t think Blizzard will do the same mistake of ignoring the competitive community and ruin the game with a ton of hats and crappy unlocks. (Surprise, lots of them are unbanned by clever ETF2L admins for s22!)

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from biskuu

(Surprise, lots of them are unbanned by clever ETF2L admins for s22!)

permzilla confirmed clever, kappa

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

if there is no beggars or huntsman or festive weapons its not worth my time

shoras

Didn’t know Red Bull are into eSports. Do they sponsor any teams?

tavi

A51

Quoted from shoras

Didn’t know Red Bull are into eSports. Do they sponsor any teams?

they sponsor starcraft 2 tournaments iirc

They have individual sponsorships and host LAN (red bull battlegrounds)

Mike

TEZC

i remember in infused we were sponsored by redbull but not “obviously”, for our gaming area in i44/i45 they gave us a massive red bull container (shaped like a red bull can) with loads of red bull inside

good times

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »