Forum

[PSA] Join up for Razer cups

Created 2nd August 2015 @ 00:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Maybe make an announcement on the mainpage? Idk how many people actually check the forums.

And I mean there´s alot more people participating in the forsaken cup even tho there are no prices while Razer offers stuff which is why I think the problem is that people are just not really aware of it.

V4ren

I think one of the reasons for people not joining is that there is no division system, like there is no way an open team is going to win against a team like [R]eason or TLR. I know some people would say just play for fun but is it really fun to lose 5 – 0 in like 5 minutes? I would rather let them win the 75 euro.

Last edited by V4ren,

sorsa

mooz

More people signing up -> bigger amount of lower-level teams -> higher chance of even matchups -> lower chance of getting rolled

ElazulTF2

I mean I played today with toplads and first game was against Zebossai and Bulle, what a nice way to start enjoying a tournament. The fact that it has prize pool is even worse for something as unorganized as this, because prem teams can just have fun while getting free money during all the following weeks.

Kaneco

Quoted from ElazulTF2

I mean I played today with toplads and first game was against Zebossai and Bulle, what a nice way to start enjoying a tournament. The fact that it has prize pool is even worse for something as unorganized as this, because prem teams can just have fun while getting free money during all the following weeks.

Welcome to the real world, where the best teams (generally) win tournaments and prizes.

Altough I think the frequency of the cups is a bit off (basically free $75) every 3 days for a couple different teams, it shouldn’t be a problem that actually the best teams win it. Still think it should be random seeds tho, to make it possible for some lower teams to make it through (but you’re gonna have to complaint to permzilla about that because he’s the one who suggested seeds) , also nice job seeding us on 5th today Keepo

Clark

SDCK!

Signed up with a mix today just to support Razer. Was fun but would have been more fun if it wasn’t SE.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Welcome to the real world, where the best teams (generally) win tournaments and prizes.

Altough I think the frequency of the cups is a bit off (basically free $75) every 3 days for a couple different teams, it shouldn’t be a problem that actually the best teams win it. Still think it should be random seeds tho, to make it possible for some lower teams to make it through (but you’re gonna have to complaint to permzilla about that because he’s the one who suggested seeds) , also nice job seeding us on 5th today Keepo

Why on earth would you have random seeds? Do you want a random div 3 team making it to the semi-final/finals just to get destroyed by Reason/Nerdrage or any other prem team

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

and its not exactly like we can have a group stage to determine seeding.

Just play the cup and have fun

Kaneco

Quoted from Thalash

[…]
Why on earth would you have random seeds? Do you want a random div 3 team making it to the semi-final/finals just to get destroyed by Reason/Nerdrage or any other prem team

Im not apologist for random seeds generally, but for a biweekly tournament with a small cash prize that is suffering for the lack of signups (because the lower teams simply dont care to signup if they know they’ll get wrecked on round 1) I definitely think it’s the best way to go.
Just makes it more interesting for these lower level teams. Gives them a chance to make it through some rounds, where as otherwise with seeds u know 99% what team is gonna be in what round and who will make the finals..

Henghast

open
bobs

The seeding isnt exactly flawless atm anyway. Seemed like last time Sikh Airshots played with a full div1+ roster we were ranked lower than div3 teams, got seeded against reason and lost after 18min or so which will likely further degrade the value. Bit odd really.

Truth is with such a small pool and usually at least 1/3 of the teams being prem or high+ everyone else is lucky to get anything more than it. That will only change with more teams signing up.

At least if they do get smashed they have first hand experience on what people who are better than them do and can use it as a tool to improve.

letto

anytime we played we were seeded against a prem team first match and got kicked out instantly due to SE, kinda ruins the fun
as an example, this time 8 teams signed up andthe 4 non-prem teams were all seeded against the prem ones, pretty lame imo

Last edited by letto,

Popcorp

Quoted from letto

anytime we played we were seeded against a prem team first match and got kicked out instantly due to SE, kinda ruins the fun

From what AMS leaked on his stream (thx AMS), there most likely going to be Invite cups (prolly Prem + High) and Lower tier (Mid+Open) ones, to balance it out and get more teams playing.

Hank

FAINT

Quoted from letto

as an example, this time 8 teams signed up andthe 4 non-prem teams were all seeded against the prem ones, pretty lame imo

saints prem? D:D::DD:D:D:D:D:D::D:DD::D hahahaahhahahahahahahahalolololol

Dennia

FAINT

Quoted from letto

https://youtu.be/F9IYgnEkqsI?t=32s

Droodl3

TSM

Is this where I got to, to complain about my team getting smashed in the first round?

Last edited by Droodl3,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »