Forum

Is Red team more powerful than Blu team? (not RP)

Created 18th July 2015 @ 10:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Intronium

Hey there!
I just watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31K6jammH0

It explains that, psychologically, playing in the Red team would make us more aggressive. And if we play in the Blu team, it would make us more strategic. I don’t know what you guys think about that, maybe you already felt stronger playing in the Red team, I don’t know…

I’d like to know your opinion about this, it can be really interesting.

Olgha

Virtus.

That’s what i think since i begin tf2 :D

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

pretty interesting stuff

Fuxx

REMOVE

http://i.stack.imgur.com/daACd.jpg

Arena maps seem pretty balanced to me

In fact, Blue has a noticeable slight advantage but ultimately not worth mentioning.
Badlands and Fastlane’s difference is negligible.

I don’t buy this whole colour theory thing in games, so long as they are easy to discern from the background palette.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Kilgors

plēve

This has already been discussed on teamfortress.tv: http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/26358/game-theory-red-vs-blue/

Also, some interesting stats from tf2pickup logs:

From All 19000 logs (less total because games had not 12 players):

total:15239 blue:6027 red:7955 ties:1257
blue-red: -1928 blue win%:39.5498392283 red win%:52.2015880307
stddev: 61.7231723099 stddev*2:123.44634462 stddev*3: 185.16951693

Last edited by Kilgors,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I used to play with Furbo and he would ALWAYS make us go Blu team because he had harder time spotting Blu players. Wouldn’t say it made any difference, however I always found it easier to play on Blu team playing Viaduct.

Henghast

open
bobs

He kept spelling colours wrong.

But yes colour theory is nothing new.

That said there are obviously some issues with map balance in addition to that.

Last edited by Henghast,

.Cali

TF2Co

I saw this video but i don’t think this apply to every player, for example i have really easier time playing AGAINST red. i think it comes from the fact that in everygame red colour means it’s a bad thing so it’s more logical at least to me to shoot or avoid red things :)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Another thing, thinking about A/D gamemodes, Red is Defence, Blu is offence and though it makes sense to have strategy when attacking, the thought of being aggressive as a Defensive team doesn’t really come into it.

However this may explain why my teammates overextend on Defence 8)

Meeto

Eh. It’s easier to camp and hold choke points than it is to push into them.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

1st. If you let yourself not play the proper meta because of some color you are a shit player.

2nd. There are other way more interesting aspects of game theory which you can apply to TF2 or many other team based games.

Intronium

Quoted from HartzFartz

1st. If you let yourself not play the proper meta because of some color you are a shit player.

2nd. There are other way more interesting aspects of game theory which you can apply to TF2 or many other team based games.

Wow chill dude, I don’t care about colors, it doesn’t affect me in any way. I just want to know if people agree or not with this video that I found rly interesting.
You obviously don’t agree but no need to be rude..

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from Intronium

[…]

Wow chill dude, I don’t care about colors, it doesn’t affect me in any way. I just want to know if people agree or not with this video that I found rly interesting.
You obviously don’t agree but no need to be rude..

I don’t think he was trying to be rude, he was just being very german

Meeto

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

I don’t think he was trying to be rude, he was just being very german

is there a difference?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

is there a difference?

In England when someone is rude, normally is because we say “Regards” instead of “Kind Regards” on the end of an email.

In Germany they invade your country.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »