Forum

Interest in TF2Pug.Me in Europe?

Created 31st May 2015 @ 04:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »

melody

Lutunen

Quoted from Sideshow

I honestly don’t think this is a great idea. You’d be splitting the playerbase between tf2pugme and tf2pickup.

Even if you tried to exploit the niche that pug2 left open, doublemixes were the reason pug2 died anyway. People don’t enjoy having to wait for pickups to fill with a tiny playerbase that are all class-restricted when they can just get 12 people in a mumble and do it themselves.

If you want to do this even so, restricting it to only letting you add up if you’re on a High or Prem team would be the easiest way to do it automatically. Without class restrictions imo, but with captain mode.

^

but if there will be sth like that, invite pls.

Kaneco

Quoted from rockie

because let’s be honest, often what forces people to not play or play few pickups, is because of the skill level.

Honestly that’s not even a thing, if you play tf2pickup regularly you probably noticed plenty High/Prem players use it, and many of them play their mainclasses. I would argue we have more high / prem players than mid/open players. On the last 5 pickups I played, 3 of them had more high/prem players than open/mid for example.

Of course if you had an invite only queue with restricted classes it would be an even better competitive environment for those who want to improve, but it would fragment the playerpool a lot, I think by the time the new site is ready and the playerpool increases with matchmaking hype we will be able to successfully implement the 2 queues without damaging the queue times too much.

damneasy

Having a pug that only allows prem/top high is really good because it gives people a motivation to improve. Atleast that was for me when pu2 was still alive.

evokje

WiK?

Please bring it back to life. Take out the class restrictions and it won’t die.
(Or give more then 3 people the right to play demoman lol byte)

Last edited by evokje,

stephen

i always wanted to play in pu2 so yes

quik

vs
Fe |

big yes if servers gonna be gud

Indxyou

i think it would be good

Kiler4fun

SUAVE

Quoted from damneasy

Having a pug that only allows prem/top high is really good because it gives people a motivation to improve. Atleast that was for me when pu2 was still alive.

Can confirm, played pugs all day in order to have a trial invite to pu2 :D

torrit

when pu2 died, my dreams and aspirations died with it as well ;____;

Dennia

FAINT

tbh I only want this so I can play pugs without players just starting out like tf2pickup.net always has

rockie

i remember i was tryharding so much in pu2, back then i was at my top level, but still prem was too much for me, with people like cookye stefan bybben beavern still around

Last edited by rockie,

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Make it so only high/prem player can enter. Would be great if it could be retroactive with old div system too. Class restrictions are useless, and slowing the start of a game.

Kaneco

Quoted from Dennia

tbh I only want this so I can play pugs without players just starting out like tf2pickup.net always has

tf2pickup generally doesn’t have players starting out and when it has they get banned pretty quickly usually. So that’s simply not true.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Man the fuck up you cunts and stop thinking you are too good for tf2pickup.net

If anything I would say you have a responsibility to play tf2pickup.net and help people improve!

rockie

Quoted from Admirable

Man the fuck up you cunts and stop thinking you are too good for tf2pickup.net

If anything I would say you have a responsibility to play tf2pickup.net and help people improve!

james, please

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »