Valve and Competitive TF2

Created 29th April 2015 @ 12:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

huhystah

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/24792/valve-and-competitive-tf2

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Time to learn russian boys. It will maybe affect interest in competetive a little. Nice touch but wont really be a big thing in my opinion.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

ducky

As cool as all of this sounds I personally won’t believe it until I see it getting implemented.

That being said if it does actually happen I’d be interested to see which gamemode/s and maps they choose for matchmaking, if there’s going to be a whitelist + class restrictions or if they decide to fix the broken weapons alltogether.

Because the way it is now the chances of getting matched into 12v12 no classlimits ctf_2fort aren’t exactly low.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

is this real life

sorsa

mooz

I’d like to see ranked matchmaking for 12v12 2fort tho.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from ducky

As cool as all of this sounds I personally won’t believe it until I see it getting implemented.

That being said if it does actually happen I’d be interested to see which gamemode/s and maps they choose for matchmaking, if there’s going to be a whitelist + class restrictions or if they decide to fix the broken weapons alltogether.

Because the way it is now the chances of getting matched into 12v12 no classlimits ctf_2fort aren’t exactly low.

Honestly I’m hoping that the next fully charged will be giving those answers, If I need to wait longer than two days to find out that it will be shit I might just have to kill myself. I care about this game way more than I should :/

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from ducky

The fear is real.

byte

No point in speculating in the format/options and layout of how this MM will work so you can just be please that there is definite development and Valve will release it for sure.

This won’t kill TF2 if it’s not what ‘we’ all want, but it could easily help TF2 if it’s delivered well, let’s hope. Hey I might even make a comeback for 1 year next year if it’s good ;)

Cheers

Byte

Hallow

P.O.P

i just want a steady influx of noobs to smash, don’t really care how they get here. if this will maintain that (and perhaps a few lans a year?) i’m all good.

bluR-

Gungaginga

Im just wondering if this will affect the tf2 competitions like ETF2L..?

Defur

if they save tf2, ill come back instantly

just imagine Heroes of the Dorm but with TF2, freakin’ insane

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

medic easy road to global elite

ducky

Quoted from bluR-

Im just wondering if this will affect the tf2 competitions like ETF2L..?

It all depends on how it’s realized tbh.

If valve chooses to include 6v6 and HL in their matchmaking options chances are that people will ditch the leagues that cater to these gamemodes (e.g. ETF2L, UGC, ESEA, OzFortress etc.) in favor of a more “official” way of playing the same thing competitively.

However if they take a completely different path…

12v12 no classlimits ctf_2fort

…and neglect 6v6/HL when implementing the matchmaking system it’s very likely that the respective gamemodes’ enthusiasts will keep playing those in the various leagues.

Karx

EPP
ㄕサ

Quoted from Scissors

is this real life

Or just a fantasy

Scorpion

will be 6v6

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »