Forum

Oh, baloo hoo.

Created 9th April 2015 @ 00:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vitilumi

tbd

It has come to my concern that ultiduo_baloo seems to hate me in particular.

For a few months now, I have been experiencing major FPS drops whenever I play baloo, which is fine as although it may be irritating, it’s playable. However, recently the drops seem to not be the only problem; activity and movement can be described as delayed, jittery and jumpy, and I’m hearing a constant ticking sound in the background (no, I am not going insane.) A few people spectating me too have noticed my weird jumpy movement. Strangely, this ONLY happens with ultiduo_baloo.

Perhaps any of you lovely people can explain why this jittering occurs and provide some form of help to prevent this from happening?

I use Chris’ maxframes, dx9. Average FPS is about 70-125, baloo drops to an unstable 40 at times.

doks

delete and re download the map Em. [if you have not tried that yet]

Vitilumi

tbd

Quoted from doks

delete and re download the map Em. [if you have not tried that yet]

Did that already, no difference sadly.
:<

Quoted from Vitilumi

dx9.

Have you tried dx8?

Vitilumi

tbd

Quoted from RaNDoMiZe

[…]

Have you tried dx8?

I used to use it and I am almost one hundred percent sure it had the same problem but not as bad (jitters, but no ticking), though I’d like to refrain from using dx8, the colours and everything are just undesirable.

Droodl3

TSM

Who let you out the asylum???

Vitilumi

tbd

Quoted from Droodl3

Who let you out the asylum???

Krung told me I was okay to go!

PdH

is it really only on baloo?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

For a soldier-centric map it has a lot of splash bugs and annoying designs as well.

Would be nice if someone redesigned the original to remove splash bug there and make it look pretty too.

kos

ft.
bobs

Quoted from Sideshow

For a soldier-centric map it has a lot of splash bugs and annoying designs as well.

Would be nice if someone redesigned the original to remove splash bug there and make it look pretty too.

There’s a lot of visual clutter on the point as well. Tbh it’s a fundamentally shit map and I have no idea why anyone thinks it’s a good idea for ultiduo. There’s too much space between spawn and the point making the map feels empty. Also, giving the high ground to the holding player(s) and the vast amount of space to move around in makes forcing very difficult against anyone that actually knows how to hold a mouse. The barrier on the stairs is also intended to prevent spamming of spawn(?) but gives the advantage again to the holding players by allowing them to stand on it and spam both doors from a height advantage.

I see no reason to use this map over the original ultiduo map (koth_ultiduo_r_b7) as despite it’s flaws it was and is imo the epitome of ultiduo. Also my fps tanks on baloo hard.

tl;dr FUCK BALOO

Last edited by kos,

Vitilumi

tbd

Quoted from Sideshow

I would actually like to see a larger ramp where the health pack is. It’s just too ‘splashy’.

damneasy

Quoted from Sideshow

AB

Quoted from kos

[…]
There’s a lot of visual clutter on the point as well. Tbh it’s a fundamentally shit map and I have no idea why anyone thinks it’s a good idea for ultiduo. There’s too much space between spawn and the point making the map feels empty. Also, giving the high ground to the holding player(s) and the vast amount of space to move around in makes forcing very difficult against anyone that actually knows how to hold a mouse. The barrier on the stairs is also intended to prevent spamming of spawn(?) but gives the advantage again to the holding players by allowing them to stand on it and spam both doors from a height advantage.

I see no reason to use this map over the original ultiduo map (koth_ultiduo_r_b7) as despite it’s flaws it was and is imo the epitome of ultiduo. Also my fps tanks on baloo hard.

tl;dr FUCK BALOO

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from kos

[…]

tl;dr FUCK BALOO

kermit

G
sniper

Stark didn’t you make an ultiduo map a while ago? Why not try that out.

Add A Reply Pages: 1