Forum

TF2 Confirmed Dead by Richard Lewis

Created 4th April 2015 @ 01:53

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Quoted from Hildreth

Wasn’t he the guy who supported tf2 on cadred?

He is probably just butthurt Admirable has more talent than him!

He does eSport journalism as a living, therefore he left TF2. Gosh it’s pathetic athat all of you guys get deffensive and butthurt cause a guy pointed out something everyone already knew.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from fishyard

[…]
Gosh it’s pathetic athat all of you guys get deffensive and butthurt cause a guy pointed out something everyone already knew.

are we reading the same thread?

ducky

Nobody here is getting defensive or butthurt… you on the other hand seem to get pretty upset by the fact that we don’t care about yet another random guy claiming the death of tf2 , arguing that he’s well known and what not .

TF2 isn’t big eSports wise, it has never been.
Its competitive aspect is 100% community driven and will never die as long as people care about it.

I also don’t see the need of a forum thread for this matter.
What did you think was going to happen? That we would agree with your opinion and just stop playing the game?

I don’t care who you are or how famous you claim to be: If TF2 is no longer relevant to you then just leave.
You will be doing yourself and everybody else a favor.
Nothing of value will be lost from someone quitting who considers the scene to be dead anyways.

Clark

SDCK!

Did he play competitive? If yes, his etf2l profile, please.

kos

ft.
bobs

This is pathetic. You have to be delusional to think tf2 ever rated as an eSport in any real sense, this guy is a very influential figure in eSports and gave TF2 a helping hand by writing articles on cadred (i.e. trying to spread tf2 to outside of it’s closed little community). He also did some interviews and coverage when tf2 was peaking but the lack of content meant tf2 had it’s section removed from cadred. That plus butchering our opportunity with ESL sealed the deal for tf2 never becoming a real eSport.

If you think this guy isn’t credible because he hasn’t played in a prem team or whatever then you’re fucking retarded. Do you have to be a professional football player to be a sports journalist?

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Oh look its one of these threads again

irfx

EPA

> tf2
> esport
> 2015

just stop it already lol

Quoted from ducky

Nobody here is getting defensive or butthurt… you on the other hand seem to get pretty upset by the fact that we don’t care about yet another random guy claiming the death of tf2 , arguing that he’s well known and what not .

TF2 isn’t big eSports wise, it has never been.
Its competitive aspect is 100% community driven and will never die as long as people care about it.

I also don’t see the need of a forum thread for this matter.
What did you think was going to happen? That we would agree with your opinion and just stop playing the game?

I don’t care who you are or how famous you claim to be: If TF2 is no longer relevant to you then just leave.
You will be doing yourself and everybody else a favor.
Nothing of value will be lost from someone quitting who considers the scene to be dead anyways.

I never said this is my opinion or anything like that. Honestly I just posted this video because I thought it was quite funny that a known eSports journalist actually talked about TF2, but when he did he said it was dead.

However everyone is just going like “who is this guy” “what’s his etf2l profile” etc etc. that’s what I was talking about.

And myself I have never cared when people said the game was dead or anything like that because I play for my own enjoyment not for being a “professional gamer” or anything like that and therefore I do not really care too much.

Last edited by fishyard,

RTC

Quoted from fishyard

[…]
However everyone is just going like “who is this guy” “what’s his etf2l profile” etc etc. that’s what I was talking about.

That’s not butthurt, that’s just simple curiosity in order to gauge whether or not he really knows what he’s talking about.

Quoted from RTC

[…]

That’s not butthurt, that’s just simple curiosity in order to gauge whether or not he really knows what he’s talking about.

If you legitimately wondered who it was you would’ve googled him instead of trying to diss him by saying “literally who” let’s be real here.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

If you legitimately wondered who it was you would’ve googled him instead of trying to diss him by saying “literally who” let’s be real here.

If he had declared TF2 alive and to be the most popular esport of the next decade would that make it true? “Literally who” is exactly right. The guy is an esports journalist (LOL), his opinion means nothing and I’m not suprised a lot of people didn’t know who he was (I didn’t).

Comp TF2 has never been relevant, some random guy claiming it’s death changes nothing for people who still want to continue to play.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Fuxx

REMOVE

literally who

I’m not going to even bother giving some e-celebrity wannabe the benefit of an added google search for his name. Fuck off with this kind of shit.

Admins please delete this thread.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Pete_

PrettyGay

literally who

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I never realized it was possible to be a white knight for a fucking video game, holy shit.

ducky

Quoted from kos

This is pathetic. You have to be delusional to think tf2 ever rated as an eSport in any real sense

Are we reading the same thread? Nobody in here claimed that tf2 is a “real” e-sport, who are you arguing against?

If you think this guy isn’t credible because he hasn’t played in a prem team or whatever then you’re fucking retarded. Do you have to be a professional football player to be a sports journalist?

No you don’t have to be prem to be credible. But you should have at least played the game competitively at some point, otherwise you’re just talking out of your ass.

Since next to noone knows this guy it’s only natural that we ask for some history.

Quoted from fishyard

I never said this is my opinion or anything like that. Honestly I just posted this video because I thought it was quite funny that a known eSports journalist actually talked about TF2, but when he did he said it was dead.

Intentional or not, the message which this thread basically conveys is that everything we do is useless because the game’s dead anyways.

It ridicules our motivations to run , and/or play in, a competitive environment of TF2.

If you have truly never cared about people saying the game is dead then why bother quoting somebody who says the exact same thing that you presumably don’t care about?
Of course we’re going to assume that you share his views.

It’s a shitstorm waiting to happen, as evident by the nature of replies in here.

Nothing but negativity so far, people arguing over nothing because of the opinion of some guy who couldn’t be more irrelevant to the scene as it currently is.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »