Forum

Etf2l New div system

Created 10th March 2015 @ 14:38

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

ash

(Legend)
:D

There will always be bottom feeding teams, no matter the system. There are only so many teams, and someone has to be the very bottom.

The important difference between Swiss and the former Divisions system: You had a bottom feeding team in basically every division. You have exactly one team at the very bottom of the Open tier – because Swiss enables the worst teams to play against each other.

Yes, it will be frustrating to the very bottom team(s). But, well, this is competition. And we don’t do “everyone’s a winner!”.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Nechi

[…]
yeah i know they are big suprise aswell that what i said they first matches was vs new teams to they now can show their talent to anyone in the open tear aswell and again i didnt say this system is bad i just said there is few thing to improve i think it able to be really good with some improves about how the tiers will work

can you please occasionally press , when writing a sentence, my brain doesn’t like this.

aura

Quoted from ash

And we don’t do “everyone’s a winner!”.

the old division was actually built around that concept. People would sit in xdiv for years and feel fine about themselves with no intentions to improve because ending the season 3rd/4th in their div was generally okay. With this new system being positioned as “generic_number” in your div does not sound so great anymore.

Rex

I think this guy doesn’t understand that some teams are going to lose every game regardless. The Swiss actually gives them more opportunities to not get rolled.

Nechi

TEZC

Quoted from Rex

I think this guy doesn’t understand that some teams are going to lose every game regardless. The Swiss actually gives them more opportunities to not get rolled.

oke this i going to far
i talked to sonny
i did understand the benefists of this system and that it gonna be more balance in s21
you guys can finish with dis conversation

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It raises a point though. Maybe Open players don’t understand the system and will become disheartened.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from fraac

It raises a point though. Maybe Open players don’t understand the system and will become disheartened.

I feel it would’ve been the same if we had just switched from swiss to divisions, it’s just something that’s inevitable with such big changes.
It will most likely pass over the next seasons I think.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from fraac

http://etf2l.org/help/swiss-system-faq/
It’s all there. But a lot of players dont even bother to read the most simple rules.
Without mentioning names I had an open team last week that didnt know they had to upload screenshots and they only realized in week 6 and only because I told them.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

It always amazes me how many admins respond to these sorts of threads rather than just link the FAQ and lock it. :D

Nothing new here, move along.

R4ndom

Devon

You keep saying that it doesn’t work because of too many people, but CEVO didn’t work because there weren’t enough people. What is this illuminati bullshit?

L-iNC

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

I don’t get what you’re saying. We’re not talking about you, we’re talking about Open in general. Like Fraac said, if you’re so bad to the point that you’re even getting stomped by other bottom of the barrel teams, an then even the Div’s can’t help you. If anything, the tier system just helps with team motivation; no matter how bad or good you are, you’ll always be playing teams just about equal to you, playing close games instead of getting constantly rolled just because you were unlucky enough to be placed in a Div packed with teams that shouldn’t be there. It’s a great system that has generated some of the funnest matches I’ve had in a long time.

Do you even play in open? At least for us every time we’ve lost points the next game has not been balanced at all. The difference in ‘skill’ and number of teams in open makes it matter of luck whether you get good game or bad game. But hey, if w7 match is close then the system must work right?

You should take bottom of mid and top of open for a new tier and make open keep open for new teams. You shouldn’t prioritize silly prize like 3 euros each over having fun tiers to play in.

Meeto

Quoted from L-iNC

[…]
Do you even play in open? At least for us every time we’ve lost points the next game has not been balanced at all. The difference in ‘skill’ and number of teams in open makes it matter of luck whether you get good game or bad game. But hey, if w7 match is close then the system must work right?

You should take bottom of mid and top of open for a new tier and make open keep open for new teams. You shouldn’t prioritize silly prize like 3 euros each over having fun tiers to play in.

Then I hate to say it, but maybe your team is just bad and you should work harder to improve.

EDIT: In fact, I just looked at your teams Win/Loss record. Every time you lost a match, you won the next one. What the fuck are you even complaining about?

Last edited by Meeto,

ducky

Quoted from L-iNC

nonsense

Your post makes it obvious that you have no idea how the system works.
I suggest you start by reading this:

http://etf2l.org/help/swiss-system-faq/

This is a competiton. If you want to have fun go play pubs.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5