TF2 Player Rankings website - e-peens at the ready

Created 10th January 2015 @ 23:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

dodo

⇗upp⇙

rank system?

http://beta.tf2playerrankings.com/#/player/76561198034400597/dodo 118

http://beta.tf2playerrankings.com/#/player/76561198049661085/Tseini 4

Check engineer, but my stats higher than Tseini. I have a better kills, a, K/D and KA/D
p.s. solidarity with Oxy xD

#edit

Last edited by dodo,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Engineer stats

CHERRY

Tseini is better though.

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Nice work

Although the cumstains from all the self-wankery in this thread can be smelled from a far away distance

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from dodo

Check engineer, but my stats higher than Tseini. I have a better kills, a, K/D and KA/D

It’s my fault that the design implies that ranking might be derived directly from the stats that are next to it. They’re not, it’s more of a “what have you done for me lately” situation, if you play a handful of lobbies/pickups consecutively where you kick ass you will go up the lists.

Last edited by Gentleman Jon,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

It’s my fault that the design implies that ranking might be derived directly from the stats that are next to it. They’re not, it’s more of a “what have you done for me lately” situation, if you play a handful of lobbies/pickups consecutively where you kick ass you will go up the lists.

Do amount of heals received mean anything? Quintosh is only number one pyro because he get’s medics to pocket him like the useless noob he is

dodo

⇗upp⇙

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]

ok. I was just wondering, anyway nice work Jon

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Do amount of heals received mean anything? Quintosh is only number one pyro because he get’s medics to pocket him like the useless noob he is

S A L T Y

:^)

Last edited by MARS^,

repu

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

l0l

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from dodo

rank system?

http://beta.tf2playerrankings.com/#/player/76561198034400597/dodo 118

http://beta.tf2playerrankings.com/#/player/76561198049661085/Tseini 4

p.s. solidarity with Oxy xD

Its propably because of damage per minute,i noticed that stats goes alot along with that

Last edited by Tseini,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It’s probably you’re winning games against better players. This has already been explained.

RTC

Quoted from fraac

RTC, your examples are good for players in teams, but for players in pickups they can quickly get in enough situations with enough different teammates to produce a useful rating.

The best possible system isn’t gameable, I think. You would just find yourself doing what it takes to win. But when you throw away variables to make an efficient system it means you can do less winny things and still rate well.

If anything, such a system would work better for co-ordinated teamplay, as teammates would be able to support you, allowing you to increase your kills and assists, whilst also decreasing your number of deaths. In a random lobby, one Scout might perma-offclass to Sniper and another will solely go for the Medic, giving your flank very little protection, and causing you to get destroyed by their roamer and opposing Scouts over and over due to circumstances out of your control. That doesn’t mean you’re a bad Demoman because of these circumstances, but the statistics will demonstrate that you’re as much to blame as anyone else because of this.

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

Cmon, everything people do, a machine can do too – it’s just a matter of time and resources and it just happens that there are still things that are cheaper done by humans and interpretation of statistics IS NOT one of those things.

Like I don’t even think people are creative – everything is a remix of something. We have started with nature and ended with remixes of remixes of remixes and that may be why we cannot imagine how colors people don’t see would look like or another new taste, like some of us don’t even get existing taste like umami and cannot imagine it by itself.

PS. What Jon provides is not just summarized statistics, the whole ranking is an interpretation of all those various stats and parameters visible on the players’ pages, but not exclusive to them. There are various things in the logs people don’t seem to notice one of them being player’s positions for example :]

Oh btw. RTC a lot of what you listed is in fact reflected in the logs, you just need to look better, something people might not be as good in :D

Watch 2001: A Space Odyssey. Allowing machines to completely dictate human decisions is quite simply nonsensical.

Machines are highly utile tools that can act as catalysts in a decision making process such as determining player rankings, and in terms of processing the 70000+ players that have accessed TF2Center, it’s by far the best option. That doesn’t mean that they should be taken as truthful interpretations of whether a player is good or bad at the game, which is what I fear this will bring. There are an infinite number of variables present, some of which may be considered minor at the very best, but all dictate whether a player will increase their ranking or not after the game. Using the example of chess, after the 4th move, more than 288+ billion different positions are possible. Chess is limited by a 8×8 board, whereas TF2 has an incomprehensible amount more to work with.

Things such as player positions are only represented very loosely in the logs, and require further interpretation that a machine cannot accurately depict. It’s not something set in stone such as the amount of kills or damage for example.

Last edited by RTC,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Yeah but in lobbies the weirdness averages out. It’s harder to rate players in a team because players might have specific roles that they perform really well but don’t yield good stats.

Last edited by fraac,

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from RTC

Using the example of chess, after the 4th move, more than 288+ billion different positions are possible. Chess is limited by a 8×8 board, whereas TF2 has an incomprehensible amount more to work with.

Humans can no longer beat the best computers at chess, worth considering.

qnx

lala

Nr.1 demo in pickup! Nice!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »