Forum

TF2 Player Rankings website - e-peens at the ready

Created 10th January 2015 @ 23:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from fraac

btw logs.tf still has a parsing bug where if your name contains ” you get no cap points.

Wow, sucks to have a ” in your name.

I’ve nearly got an update ready with better profile pages, I’m currently working on smartening things up a bit.

Gentleman Jon

There are some new additions to the site, the most important of which are more detailed profile pages accessed by clicking the “More stats” link in the player list or on the player profile popup.

Other small changes include some tweaks to slightly improve things on mobile displays, and some recent algorithm alterations.

http://beta.tf2playerrankings.com/

Last edited by Gentleman Jon,

Gentleman Jon

I’ve tweaked the way the inactivity penalty works, now for every 10 games you have on a class there is a day’s pause before the inactivity penalty starts mounting up, so players who have strong participation records have more stable ranks.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

go online in steam jon zaebal

Kaneco

Now that tf2pickup HL pickups are getting active again wouldn’t it be a good idea to add the other classes to tf2pickup rankings?

Also wouldn’t it make more sense to have a separate ranking for HL and 6v6 matches? I know you already justified this saying it doesn’t deviate much in most cases but I really think it would make more sense to have both separate. (cuz some people only play one or the other)

Phnx

Quoted from Kaneco

Now that tf2pickup HL pickups are getting active again wouldn’t it be a good idea to add the other classes to tf2pickup rankings?

Also wouldn’t it make more sense to have a separate ranking for HL and 6v6 matches? I know you already justified this saying it doesn’t deviate much in most cases but I really think it would make more sense to have both separate. (cuz some people only play one or the other)

it does deviate in my opinion since I do about 100 dpm more in hl without real effort put in, both because of the fact that it is more spammy and there are more opponents to shoot, and the skill level is slightly lower.
so you can see some highlander players being ranked way higher than people that are known to be better than them but only play 6s.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
it does deviate in my opinion since I do about 100 dpm more in hl without real effort put in, both because of the fact that it is more spammy and there are more opponents to shoot, and the skill level is slightly lower.
so you can see some highlander players being ranked way higher than people that are known to be better than them but only play 6s.

There’s no direct link with total stats and ranks, and the ranking algorithm compensates for the different numbers of players in the relevant games.

Statistically speaking there is no significant difference between the ranking levels achieved in one mode or the other over the long term amongst players who play a lot of both. Things may vary for individuals.

The non-6v6 core classes played in HL will be displayed on Pickup rankings when there are enough of them to for the listings to have meaningful quantities in each rank block. At the moment there’s still not enough.

Kaneco

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]

Statistically speaking there is no significant difference between the ranking levels achieved in one mode or the other over the long term amongst players who play a lot of both. Things may vary for individuals.

Which is just why I think both should be separate. Too many people play only 6v6 or only HL for it to represent the truth entirely, and I know people that can do very well in a HL game and with that same dm and skill level they can play like shit in 6s, and vice versa.
Because while your dm should be the same and transfer into both gamemodes, the gamesense and how the mechanics work is so different I’m sure it will impact the performance of a lot of players that mostly play 1 of the gamemodes.

Also for bragging purposes, so u can see who are the higher ranked hl nerds and vice versa. ^^

ninya

Team

confused e-peen down
Had a look at my stats today. Back in January/december I played the game significantly less and took a couple of weeks break from playing due to exams, and my rank as solly decreased significantly. Now it’s april and my rank has barely increased even though I feel though I’m much better at the game. I play mostly solly in pickups but interestingly my ranks for other classes don’t seem to be affected much, maybe the algorithm doesn’t take this into consideration very well or maybe my raw stats simply aren’t as good as they were back in november or whatever.

AB

my ranking regularly fluctuates +/- 200 places if I chain 3 or 4 good or bad games together, which is understandable if I only had a few games played but seeing I have 500+ games on soldier that’s pretty drastic.

also when the site first opened I was ranked ~100 and then out of nowhere after a couple of weeks I suddenly dropped to 500. :(

Last edited by AB,

Phnx

Quoted from AB

my ranking regularly fluctuates +/- 200 places if I chain 3 or 4 good or bad games together, which is understandable if I only had a few games played but seeing I have 500+ games on soldier that’s pretty drastic.

also when the site first opened I was ranked ~100 and then out of nowhere after a couple of weeks I suddenly dropped to 500. :(

people actually beat you ranking?
but agree on the 5 games thing, although it’s better to adress the last games then not let people who already played a lot move forward.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from AB

We’re probably looking at varying the Elo K factor based on number of games played to compensate for this. Everything has to be based on either improving or at least not damaging the broader balancing qualities of the system though so I’ll have to run some simulations and stuff rather than just chucking it and seeing what happens. Also bear in mind that when large numbers of people are very close together then you will move up and down a large number of places with relatively small rating changes, it’s just the nature of the beast.

I’m in the middle of researching some hairy maths geek stuff on it as well so I wouldn’t hold you breath. It’s on the list though.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

how come inso can join a lobby as spy, get one frag, leave, and then get no. 1?

shits rigged yo

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Scissors

shits rigged yo

must have been a fucking amazing frag

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Scissors

shits rigged yo

It’s inso. 007 shit

Serious reason: he probably cleared his inactivity penalty, he was number 1 all along behind the scenes

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »