Forum

TF2 Player Rankings website - e-peens at the ready

Created 10th January 2015 @ 23:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »

Gentleman Jon

A problem has been brought to my attention where an old cached script wasn’t updating stopping the site working for some users. I’ve altered things so it shouldn’t happen any more but if you have a problem then try doing a shift + refresh to force an update.

Kaneco

Have you had in consideration the recent demo nerf in recent ranking matches?

It seems that the recent nerf considerably reduced demo damage output, so your evaluation parameters for demo should be slightly tweaked compared to games previous to the ban.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Kaneco

Have you had in consideration the recent demo nerf in recent ranking matches?

It seems that the recent nerf considerably reduced demo damage output, so your evaluation parameters for demo should be slightly tweaked compared to games previous to the ban.

If demomen get worse it will naturally adjust over time.

Kaneco

how do u evaluate subs by the way? Because both services you log (tf2lobby and tf2pickup) have a sub system and a big part of the times you end up joining mid-game. And sometimes even logs.tf doens’t reflect it because they count you as in full time.

Selek

Dr. med.

I played a lobby yesterday and rose up by about 400 positions, this is fun :)

Which made me notice that it would be interesting to see how many logs were used for the combined statistics. Or would that be another stat misrepresenting the rank due to the “rank decay”?

NeuTronas

Quoted from Kaneco

how do u evaluate subs by the way? Because both services you log (tf2lobby and tf2pickup) have a sub system and a big part of the times you end up joining mid-game. And sometimes even logs.tf doens’t reflect it because they count you as in full time.

And I am interested about leavers as well.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Kaneco

Unfortunately if I’m relying on something else to work a certain way there’s not much I can do about it if it doesn’t. Where times are correct then they’re accounted for by altering certain weightings, for example 30 seconds off class on heavy should not have the same effect as 30 minutes in an HL lobby.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Selek

I played a lobby yesterday and rose up by about 400 positions, this is fun :)

Which made me notice that it would be interesting to see how many logs were used for the combined statistics. Or would that be another stat misrepresenting the rank due to the “rank decay”?

There’s a more detailed profile in the pipeline, I probably won’t mess with the existing summary page too much more.

Gentleman Jon

Fixed a bug with profile urls not working if you follow them to the site or c+p them into the browser.

Kaneco

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
Unfortunately if I’m relying on something else to work a certain way there’s not much I can do about it if it doesn’t. Where times are correct then they’re accounted for by altering certain weightings, for example 30 seconds off class on heavy should not have the same effect as 30 minutes in an HL lobby.

Yeah I understand, well I mentioned because of things like this http://logs.tf/645662?highlight=76561197991320838

I joined a lobby as heavy with 4 mins left, effectively only played 4-5 mins, and the logs show that, but the dpm/etc is not adjusted for the time but accounted the whole 30 mins

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Kaneco

Yeah I understand, well I mentioned because of things like this http://logs.tf/645662?highlight=76561197991320838

I joined a lobby as heavy with 4 mins left, effectively only played 4-5 mins, and the logs show that, but the dpm/etc is not adjusted for the time but accounted the whole 30 mins

Don’t worry about the main stat line in logs.tf, that lumps all your classes together anyway.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
There’s a more detailed profile in the pipeline, I probably won’t mess with the existing summary page too much more.

Sounds great :)

schocky

ist doof

Quoted from Bob Bami

I personally don’t like ranking on teamwork based games, I think people will try to make plays now instead of playing smart.

indeed.

Mundi

dogs.tf

i dont like this!
im not 640 soldier!!!!:((( the system is wrong!

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Mundi

i dont like this!
im not 640 soldier!!!!:((( the system is wrong!

Looking at your history it’s a fairly recent thing, the decline starting around January 22nd or so. There have been some tweaks to the way certain classes are rated that may have negatively affected you in comparison to other classes but it’s hard to say. Not everyone has suffered in that way.

It does seem that you were playing at a higher level previously.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »